ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting help for renault sabelt steering wheel

cwt

a4 gt golf impreza
Hi all.

Recently purchased a sabelt steering wheel and boss.
Fitting the stalk with the horn no problem.
However the boss is causing a headache
The hole which you should pass the wiring through for the airbag and controls on the boss itself is to small..
You can see the area in the picture..there isn't any space behind the hub as you have all the other gubbings.

Is there a different boss or just an obvious fix at all....
Any help is appreciated.

Craig.

cwt

a4 gt golf impreza
image.jpg

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
This was mine as I fitted it... it was spacious and hollow so there was no issues what so ever...
Are you sure you've got the right boss !?

Infact .. are you a stage prior to the boss being fitted !?

IMG_20140717_191616.jpg

cwt

a4 gt golf impreza
I'm not sure if it's the correct boss no....

I offered the boss up and need to poke through the cables and the hole is smaller than the electrical connectors..

cwt

a4 gt golf impreza
I'd like to keep the loomin tact.
However the loom looks like it un clips from the harness just don't want to force it..

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Is it an OMP boss?

Some people report the hole too small to fit the connectors through, although it's usually the cruise one that causes issues. I think most end up returning and paying the extra fiver for a Momo.

cwt

a4 gt golf impreza
Thanks for that
I can't return it and slightly reluctant to purchase another boss if it doesn't fit.....
SO anyone out there that have fitted one of these to a 182 with cruise and airbag and if so what boss did you use and how did you get round all the wires being in the way ??

thanks again.

Renault Clio 172
looks like an omp boss is it not? I cant help you with the cruise connector as i fitted mine to a 172 cup but the airbag connectors fit through easy if you flip the clip on the connector up first before trying to pass it through