ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitting cup lower arms

A shed
Hi,

Cup lower arms arrived today but im having a nightmare week and im working all weekend, but have a track day at donington on Monday id like them fitted for in an ideal world.

How easy is it to do? Ive tried searching for a guide on here but havent found one. Just trying to work out if its worth attacking on wednesday after my night shift or just leave them off for donington.

Normally id just go at it and work it out on the job, but i absolutely have to have the car available thursday to get to an appointment at the passport office, and i dont want to get the car in bits to discover its a bit of a ballache and end up missing my appointment

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Very easy. I assume you bought them with new ball joints already fitted from Renault?

Wheel off, undo ball joint bolt, lever it out. Undo two bolts to subframe. Refitting is the reverse of removal.

However the extra caster will alter your toe settings so you'd want to set that afterwards.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Only time its not easy is if the bolts from wishbone to subframe are badly rounded or seized in the bush or something like that.
As its a b**ch to get in there and cut them out due to limited access.

A shed
Second hand with good condition bushes, ball joints on the car are only 5k old, I assume I just undo the two ball joints bolts rather than the single one to the hub?

And cheers guys, ill crack on tomorrow and see if somewhere local can squeeze me in for alignment.