ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting components

Got some 6.5" Polk Audio comps which will just about squeeze into the old speaker mounts with a few spacers but im wondering how to wire up the tweeters...

Was thinking of mounting them at the top of the A pillar and running the wire down the inside of the door/pillar seal???

Is it possible to get the old tweeters out and put them in there??

Theres a bunch of wires under the glove box on the passenger side, is this the necessary loom so i can cut into it to wire up the comps to my amp??

How do you get the wire from the crossover through the grommet in the door to get it back into the car?? Ive heard of this being a large amount of hassle??

Any help would be VERY much appreciated thanks.

PS this is for a 2001 model

Thanks

i had some 6.5" infinity comps, and they wouldnt fir my clio, due to the plastic linner and cover of the speaker area. If you dont mind doing it, youl have to cut the metal, to get them in i would presume, i took my car in the end to Huets (a very good installer down south) and they said that the only things they could sugest would be door builds. So i suppose you could get builds or cut the meatl (i didn;t do this as builds, too much money, and its a new car so i don;t want to cut the metal)

I sold them and got a set of polk momo 5.25" comps, and these are even deeper than the 6.5" infinitys, so in 6.5" you may have trouble with getting them to fit under the grilles (i may be wrong), you could always find away to use the existing grilles and fit them.

Dont know is any of that is going to be of any use (prob not) but hey it might!!

ROrrie