ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Bucket Seats

PH1 172
I am very interested in purchasing a set of bucket seats I have seen for sale and wanted to know what I would need to have in order to fit these in the clio.....

I don't have access to welding gear or able to make up adaptors :(

They come with side mounts only;

1) Can the side mounts be bolted directly to the floor? - Yes I know they will be in a fixed position but I am not bothered by this
2) Where is the best place to purchase Cobra seat adaptors to fit on to Renault Sliders?
3) What resistors will I need in order for me to turn the air bag light off?

Thanks

Terry

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
If you want to bolt them to the floor you will need to weld in some rails.
The other way is to fit some proper seat subframes that bolt into the existing holes the original seats used.
We sell the OMP subframes as an example

From Cobra, CS used to (may still be the case) get discount for members.

I'd also strongly suggest the super low subframes as anything else makes the seating position even more stupid. Even worse if you're 6ft3 like me!

182 cup
Are you planning on using harnesses or the oe belts?
Will you be using as a track or day to day car?

PH1 172
Finding it difficult to find Cobra x-low subframes. Demon Tweeks said they had a subframe with a runner (didn't do them seperately) that will fit but costs £90 each side......??

From Cobra, CS used to (may still be the case) get discount for members.

I'd also strongly suggest the super low subframes as anything else makes the seating position even more stupid. Even worse if you're 6ft3 like me!

Looked on the cobra website and there online list states my car is a mkIII (00-onwards) and says tailored made.....no prices or details of the x-low one?

Are you planning on using harnesses or the oe belts?
Will you be using as a track or day to day car?

Harnesses and this will be used for track + weekend driving

Finding it difficult to find Cobra x-low subframes. Demon Tweeks said they had a subframe with a runner (didn't do them seperately) that will fit but costs £90 each side......??

Looked on the cobra website and there online list states my car is a mkIII (00-onwards) and says tailored made.....no prices or details of the x-low one?

It was a few years back I bought mine now, the guy I spoke to was called Mark Pidgeon IIRC. If you can't find a contact number it may be worth giving Fred (BTM) a bell as he used to have contact with Cobra and may still do.

I bought mine without sliding rails, just fixed the side mounts straight to it. Only I drove the 182 so had no need for sliding rails plus I needed to keep it as low as poss due to my height.

PH1 172
It was a few years back I bought mine now, the guy I spoke to was called Mark Pidgeon IIRC. If you can't find a contact number it may be worth giving Fred (BTM) a bell as he used to have contact with Cobra and may still do.

I bought mine without sliding rails, just fixed the side mounts straight to it. Only I drove the 182 so had no need for sliding rails plus I needed to keep it as low as poss due to my height.

Cheers for the info mate. Will contact Cobra direct and see what they come back with :)

172, Tiguan
You'll also need a load of high tensile bolts and nut's to mount subframe into the car and then sidemounts to subframes. Ebay seems to be the best place for them unless anybody knows differently.

PH1 172
Just spoken to Cobra direct. The lady said that the x-low subframes and slide mechanism comes as one and the side mounts just mount on top.

Turkish when I asked about just the subframe without slide mechanism she said they don't come like that so did you just take the sliders off or was you lucky to get yours back in the day without sliders?

You'll also need a load of high tensile bolts and nut's to mount subframe into the car and then sidemounts to subframes. Ebay seems to be the best place for them unless anybody knows differently.

Do these not come with the subframes you purchase?

Anybody know what bolts and nuts I need to purchase?

When I bought mine they'd literally only just started making them. It sounds as if they may have changed the design of them since I bought mine then. In fairness if you only want the subframe you could get someone to fabricate some up for you if you only need the frame as it's fairly straight forward. I know Fred welds whether or not he'd want to take on a job like that or not you'd have to ask him.

Good point from Jon, DO NOT just buy a correct size of bolts from the likes of a DIY shop as they're like cheese. Even if they don't shear off when you're tightening the subframe down they certainly will in an accident or under heavy load/breaking.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
they can be bolted directly to the floor using high tensile bolts,

however this will result in a very low, and very far forward seating position.

alternatively you can get a strip of 5mm steel, mount it to the floor in the same method as far back as possible, then mount you seat to that instead! meaning you will be further back and slightly higher.

i opted out of the subframe method when mounting my seats are theyre very heavy and very expsensive!!

Pathfinder n 172cup
I fitted motordrive buckets with side mounts and omp floor brackets from kamracing these will fit into the orginal clio mounting points so no holes left to fill in not the cheapest opion but imo the best and easyest
:cool:

Clio sport
I am looking to get a cup 172 in the near future but I was wondering it is was possible to have bucket seats in the front and still have use of the back seats? And could you use a harness or would it not be possible?

Please feel free to reply or inbox me the answers,

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Any tips on fitting an OMP subframe and bucket seat?
Obviously the existing seat and runners come out, then place the OMP subframe in with the correct bolts, and bolted to the floor. Then bolt the seat on top via the side mounts, and assume there are access holes left for the full harness to bolt to, then how they fitted to the roll cage?