ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting bigger brakes

Focus rs
On the hunt for a 172 and ideally want my first upgrade to be bigger discs on the front, was thinking of using focus rs brembos as can pick sets up quite easily question is what disc size will fit behind the wheel?

There is a set of willwood 4 pots forsale in the forsale section. They use standard disc size but brakes aren't really something you need to increase on a Clio as they're very light so don't need alot of braking power to slow down quickly.

Renault scenic 300mm discs with mk1 focus rs brembos. You will need brackets to mount them though.

I think they are the same as pug 406 brembos, if so a company in the netherlands called motex performance do the bracketry needed. Don't hold me to it though as the caliper offset may be different !!

But as above no need to upgrade, i did because how cheap i got the parts otherwise i wouldn't have bothered.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Standard disk size is able to cope with 200bhp on track no problem at all with decent pads.

What size wheel are you going to be using? That has a big impact on what possible brake disk size you can fit.

​Ive managed to get 300mm and 6 pot calipers under a 15 but only just!

Focus rs
Well the car I'm looking at has anthracite turinis on? I've no idea what size or offset they are as quite new to the scene. My previous car was a focus rs and it had 362mm discs with ap 6pots on and the braking power was incredible!

on a side note what do you think this is worth as don't want to get my pants pulled down:
3EB270CC-C7F3-4B46-B6C4-D3F28B6BA924-4694-00000312AC131AE7_zps5cbe1440.jpg

6950F1D0-3D3C-4E61-9E35-298EDC159BEC-4694-00000312A6DB919E_zpsb561c6ac.jpg

done 70k had the belts done and currently has no MOT?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Those are 16" wheels so you will easily get 300mm under them, and if you are prepared to spend some money you'll get 320+

But I am really not sure why you want to unless you are going for big power.