ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitting ARP rod bolts

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Fitting my ARP rod bolts to my clio 182 today, does anyone know what the specs are for the stretch method are or do people just torque them up to the supplied torque setting of 42 ft/lbs .

Thanks Dom

HBT 172 Cup
You can, but the whole point of the super duper arp thread lube is to get accurate preload on the first torque (which from what they say does very well).

I did mine to 45 ft lb just to be safe on my rather not so expensive torque wrench, and they have been fine for a couple of track days :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Stretch is better, but TBH with the top end limited so much RPM wise anyway I really dont think its going to matter providing they are in the right ballpark realistically.

I always just torque to their spec unless its on a mega expensive engine where its worth borrowing a stretch gauge to do.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Torque is good enough, or they wouldn't give you a torque setting. Stretch is ideal for when they're used in things suck as motorbike engines that rev to 15k

Evo
with regards to the rest of the job, is it anymore involved than removing the sump, taking them out at a time and fitting the new items?

Does sump removal require subframe removal???

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If you lift the engine you dont need to touch the subframe.

Nothing else to it, its not like on a XE vauxhall engine where you need to countersink the caps for example. Just remove old ones and fit new ones, you can do one bolt one at a time so the caps and bearings stay in place unless you specifically want the caps off to inspect the bearings.

CLIO 182 CUP
Hi mate. What mods have you done to put arp rod bolts
mine just has a decat full system jms remap chip says that I should put them on mine for a safe guard
many thanks
mosley

Clio 172 ph1, Clio 5
Do you have to take the oil pump off to fit rod bolts or is there just enough room to change them with oil pump still installed?