ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting aftermarket headunit

120d M Sport
Hi,

I'm experiencing difficulty getting my Alpine head unit to go all the way back into the dash and sit flush with the fascia. It seems the wires are getting in the way too much.

I've had this issue whenever I've fitted aftermarket head units in the past but always seem to have got round it eventually. Struggling this time, anyone got any tips for where to tuck the mass of wiring away so it will go all the way back?

Cheers,

Alex.

172 Cup
Had exactly the same issue with mine, I pushed some of the wires underneath a bar below the radio and round, then just very gingerly edged it back, I remember having the switches out too and wiggling those a bit too. Right pita of a job compared to my old ford.

Megane 225
Mate, remove the glove box and pull the cables round that way, much easier as their is loads of space behind there but you just need to get a hand behind it to get cables out the way at the back

MK2 Clio
I just fitted my new head unit two days ago, had the same problem. Solution was to push the wires around behind the dash so they were in the same sides in relation to the head unit. It took a couple of goes but you'll get there.

120d M Sport
Managed to sort it in the end, cheers for the pointers!

Only to find I've not got a live to the headunit after loads of fiddling!! Swapped the red and yellow wires round to no avail (usually sorts it)

320d
I didn't use that bung thing that stops it going too far back with mine and it fit perfectly. There are that many wires behind there with the ipod lead, bluetooth microphone and connect 2 it just got in the way and stopped it going in far enough.

Hi!! I installed my new head unit this morning....works nicely - only problem being that when I turn system fully off and then back on again it needs setting up again and my Renault click resets.....????? Any ideas please.....