ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting a new clutch cable ! Help

AB Clio 182 FF
So i have brought a new clutch cable as i believe mine may have stretched , as its a bit dodgy when changing to 3rd , and can be a pain to get in 1st sometimes,

can anyone give me any advice on how to do it please , I spent an hour on it earlier just trying to find where the cable goes through the bulk head , really don't know how it is possible to get to ?

thanks

Megane r26
Look around the bulkhead near the servo, it'll more then likely fit through somewhere there. If possible disconnect at both ends and attach something to your old cable (old speedo cables are good) then pull it through. Fit at both ends an reset the clutch rachet. The only Clio one I did was on a 1.8 valver. Oh an non genuine clutch cables are whack, genuine only from past experience.

clio 172 phs 1
Never changed a clutch cable on a 172/182 in my life.....like said above, Mk1's were common as muck for snapping (and a b**ch to change)..

Megane r26
Never changed a clutch cable on a 172/182 in my life.....like said above, Mk1's were common as muck for snapping (and a b**ch to change)..

Yes they are abit awkward lol, as above though Ross what Martin said is right, the self adjuster should take up any slack unless that's fully adjusted I guess. How many miles has your car done?

AB Clio 182 FF
you probably need to look at engine and gearbox mounts first.

All mounts have been replaced , lower n upper gearbox mounts were done when I fitted this gearbox , engine mount was done a few months ago when the other one snapped lol , n the dogbone mount is polybushed

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
To fit a genuine Renault clutch cable (and just don't even bother trying this if it isn't genuine) this is what I do: pull back the soundproofing, look very carefully at where the existing cable is fitted to the bulkhead, remove cable at the clutch, remove cable from the pedal (I used a small blunt screwdriver to free it - eventually), pull old cable through the bulkhead into the engine bay, shine a small torch through the bulkhead hole from the cabin into the engine bay, push new cable through hole, try again to push cable through hole, swear, finally get cable to go through hole and seated correctly, run the cable along the fittings you looked at earlier (inc the one above the gearbox), fit cable to clutch and relax. I've done two. Second time with the engine out. Good luck.

BMW M135i
They're easy enough once you've gotten the fixing clip out of the bulkhead, its fvcking horrible to get the clips out sometimes.