ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting a de-cat

Black 182 FF
Best off buying one for the price, think you can get them off eBay for about £5. The bolts tend to rot and the springs crack at times, so for the price it's worth having one handy if you're doing the cat anyway.

172 cup, Impreza P1
I never bothered when fitting mine but heard people saying the cheap kits on flea bay are totally useless.

182 with cup packs
also due to the decat being larger than the cat it can catch on the gear linkage when in reverse seams to be for me this may be wrong sure someone will verify

172 cup, Impreza P1
also due to the decat being larger than the cat it can catch on the gear linkage when in reverse seams to be for me this may be wrong sure someone will verify

On a 172 or 182?

Mine never caught on the gear linkage but early ph1 172's I believe have a different length of cat.

Clio 197
Get a new OE one from renault. You dont want to spend ages messing about at the side of the road getting your cat off, refitting the decat to find its blowing and you have to pull it apart again ;)

Black 182 FF
I never bothered when fitting mine but heard people saying the cheap kits on flea bay are totally useless.

Mine have been from NW Performance on eBay, priced from about £5 and more recently a bit more and they've been fine. Also got a new cat to exhaust bracket for about £4 too.

Black 182 FF
Get a new OE one from renault. You dont want to spend ages messing about at the side of the road getting your cat off, refitting the decat to find its blowing and you have to pull it apart again ;)

As if Renault parts have ever been 'quality'. The only one (recessed washer + spring) that's let me down so far was the original. Getting a one from NW Performance on eBay will probably save quite a bit anyway IIRC (30ish?) and due to being changed at MOT time anyway you might end up buying a few over the duration of ownership.