ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitted retrimmed wheel and CC buttons not working

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Hi all,
Fitted a retrimmed wheel tonight but the cruise control buttons aren't working. Any ideas what may be at fault?

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Is that what you experienced? I tried pressing them several times and turned off/on the cruise control.

Do you think I should drive another day or so before taking the wheel off again to re-check the connections? I still have my original wheel so I imagine it would be possible to transfer the buttons / wiring across to the new one if it comes down to it?

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Start the car back up and give it ago,.maybe bit late now...

When I got.mine retrimmed I.Had the same happen but after few drives or drive can't remember it came back.

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Start the car back up and give it ago,.maybe bit late now...

When I got.mine retrimmed I.Had the same happen but after few drives or drive can't remember it came back.
Fingers crossed the buttons are just having a hissy fit and aren't balloxed.

Input from any other users would be much appreciated [emoji106]

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
From my experience, every time I removed the steering when I had my Clio the cruise control always worked straight after.

Can you remove the buttons?

182 FF, 306 Rallye
This happened when I fitted mine a couple of weeks ago. I switched on the cruise but the light never appeared on the dash. I took it for a drive, the cruise was working but the set speed wasn't being displayed. Drove home, left it half an hour tried it again and its been fine ever since.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
turn the car on and off and it should work.

If it remains you may have damaged the cruise connector plug when taking the steering wheel off.

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Connections were definitely not damaged when removing the wheel. Cruise control/speed limiter light does illuminate on the dash when turned on

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Buttons aren't working after several restarts of the car so starting now to take the airbag off to examine the connections

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
1a120c9726c0e4c738fdaedb9c7ea937.jpg

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Can't see any obvious damage to plugs so putting my original wheel back on to test it's buttons

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF

Fitted my original wheel again and it's cruise control buttons aren't working either now

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
So I've just put my new wheel back on again hopeful that over a short period of time the buttons will work on their own again.

If anyone else has any further insight it would be most appreciated!

Pissed off with myself now because I've scratched the top plastic trim behind the wheel getting the airbag clips off over this [emoji24]

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Out of curiosity is it possible to take the middle part of the steering wheel with all the buttons etc off and fit it to another wheel:
1a120c9726c0e4c738fdaedb9c7ea937.jpg

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Just watched the video I take it you have set the speed with the buttons on the left first then just the pushing the resume and off button

Only going off your video

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Can't see any obvious damage to plugs so putting my original wheel back on to test it's buttons
it wouldn't be obvious as the wire could have snapped and pulled away 1mm. Check the squib is working by putting a multimeter between the pins on the back of the squib (top 2) and the pins in the CC plug.

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
it wouldn't be obvious as the wire could have snapped and pulled away 1mm. Check the squib is working by putting a multimeter between the pins on the back of the squib (top 2) and the pins in the CC plug.
Don't have a multimeter unfortunately! If it comes down to it the car is going to the mechanics in a few weeks to get a few things done so can get him to check it out with the multimeter

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
It will work like I said

First time I wondered wtf was going on but after reading on here, mine went back to normal

Good news. Cruise control buttons are working on the steering wheel again - all it took was some B Road blasting for an hour or so [emoji4]

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Shortly after my buttons worked again they have stopped. I've got a multimeter now so I'll check the connections behind the airbag.

Would any error codes shown on clip etc be a possible fault?

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Checked the cruise control plug with my multimeter and its working.
Looks like the car is going to need plugged into Clip to see whats up :confused: