ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitted new front discs/pads, now they squeak...

ph1 172
I've just fitted new front Brembo oem discs & Brembo oem pads, the old inside pads were very worn. I took the car out straight after fitting & i gained some random squeaks, but mainly when turning/bending right, not a constant squeak but on/off-on/off rapidly. I drove 70miles today approx 1/2 twisty roads 1/2 dual carriageway, got back & it's still doing it.

Should i be patient & allow them to bed in further or try to find the cause ?

Everything that came off went back on in the correct order, new discs wiped with de-greaser & all torqued up correctly so can't figure out the noise...

Any clues ?

LY Megane R26
Really you should be putting grease on the contact points between the pad an caliper, which means the tabs that sit in the carrier should have a bit of grease on, you don't need to go crazy with the grease either.
Theres no real need for on the backs of the pads, cause decent ones should have anti squeal pads on the back of the pads.

Also did you change the plates that the pads sit on?
If you didn't did you clean this area up before fitting new pads?

But with the noise is it more of a squeal or a squeak?

Last edited:
  ph1 172
I didn't replace the plates the pads seat in but i did gently remove them, cleaned them up & the dust etc under them before refitting.

Stewner, what shims did you remove ?

Petrol Blue 182
Where the edge ov the pad slides in the carrier, i had metal shims (u shaped)top and bottom, to stop the pad from rattling, but they were too tight with them in, removed them all squeaks and squeals went, hope this helps.

ph1 172
Interesting re. ditching the shims/pad plates..

How come they've not squeaked up until, with them still in place, lol ?