ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitted new exhaust today.......

clio 182 'full fat'
fitted my new exhaust today (ktr/janspeed supersports system) still have my cat in atm
on first start up it sound REALLY loud and very raspy, bit too loud if im honest. however i took it for a spin and all of a sudden it quietened right down and raspyness went :S
is this because the system was cold and it will always sound like this from cold? or is it because its new? it baffled me really, i can understand a small change in tone but this went from being stupidly loud to hardly loud atall.
also how long for the smell to stop? persume this is normal fitting a brand new exhaust.
heres a pic(not the best quality) lovin the way it looks and sits perfect(no cable ties or wedged in sockets etc)

IMG-20110703-WA0000.jpg

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks class that mate.

Its only usually raspy when you start them up, or thats how mine works.

Sam!

clio 182 'full fat'
Bonxy - mine is the one without centre silencer was wierd went for super loud raspy to not so loud and no rasp.
Jon- decat arriving next week ;) cant wait , did you light stop off after id deleted your fault codes?

clio 182 'full fat'
ill try it again later once engine has time to cool down, sounded nice just my neighbours wont be impressed when i set off for work at 5am :eek:

Haha yeah my neighbours hate me going out at 6 in the morning espechally with the pops and bangs when it's cold :p

No mate the light came on when I set off home. Iv taken the stripes off also got sick of the nasty chav look. Thinking of a carbon wrapped roof and trophy alloys but not to sure yet

clio 182 'full fat'
yeah mate ive started liking the trophy alloys, and yeah look much better without the stripes haha. well have to arrange another meet soon while the weather is nice. and shame about the light. well see if mine comes on or not, you can take the lamba sensor out and plug the hole i think and it wont put the light on. did you get ya rear exhaust hanger fixed?

Yeah I do like them expensive tho think I might just go with the turinis, it looks so much better without pain in the arse to remove! Yeah we will I was up the park today it was packed! Yeah my sensor isn't connected but the light still came on, not yet had some liquid metal stuff for a temp fix getting it welded this week hopefully

clio 182 'full fat'
you leave the lamba connected but not in the exhaust, think you put it in a plastic bad and tie it up out the way. any pics without ya stripes?

b34dede2.jpg

That's the only one I got mate ment to put it on the spotted thread but forgot. It looks so much better more grown up. Plus stripes only look good on dodge vipers ;)

Slow red one
ill try it again later once engine has time to cool down, sounded nice just my neighbours wont be impressed when i set off for work at 5am :eek:
My neighbours must hate me for leaving for work at 3.30 with my yozza. Maybe when im bored of it i'll go back to a janspeed

my wish list is big enough! id be tempted to get a new spoiler but not to fussed at the moment, samco induction hose and itg filter came this morning better get them fitted. quite looking forward to the next meet hopefully i will have done a few more things so it looks better

clio 182 'full fat'
yeah same, think im going to get a blue samco hose, got a k&n panel filter already fitted. are you going to CS saturday? im still debating whether it will be worth the drive

yeah thats the 1 i got the blue one. no mate i wanted to but i dont think i will, it is a canny drive down there. i have family that live about 50 miles from there so if i did id go down on the friday night and stay there come home on the sunday. but doubt ill be going :(

"Navy" N17 TWO
Sometimes I still get that "new exhaust smell" from mine, and it's been fitted from November :)