ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First TZ7 pics..

Nimbus Megane R26
Got this for xmas as i needed one but not too good at photography so wanna get better before i splash out on a DSLR of some sort. Its just a lumix TZ7, cant wait to take it to new york in march!

let me know what you think, nothing like Shadowness's pics lol:

GF's kitten being a nosey sod:

P1000052.jpg

P1000055.jpg

Few from Wales:

P1000071.jpg

P1000070.jpg

P1000085.jpg

Runcorn bridge this evening:

P1000115.jpg

P1000128.jpg

P1000132.jpg

Thanks for looking

Kris

Nimbus Megane R26
Alex let me know when your free dude, few good spots around there and you've got an DSLR aint you? would look 100 times better on that hah.

DCi 100
Alex let me know when your free dude, few good spots around there and you've got an DSLR aint you? would look 100 times better on that hah.

Will do :approve: Got a D40, nothing spectacular mate. Pics look up to standard of an SLR to me tbh.

Cupra
Some really nice shots in there. You should look into using Flickr instead of Photobucket for hosting though, as some of the images have been treated to some nasty compression!

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Haha i would though so too, as you wernt far from Snowdon, did you go along the road up towards Pen y Pass atall? i love the bend as you come down remindes me of Italian job :)

Nimbus Megane R26
Some really nice shots in there. You should look into using Flickr instead of Photobucket for hosting though, as some of the images have been treated to some nasty compression!

will have a look at it tomorrow, thanks m8.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Lovely scenery shots, the indoors ones look noisy or is that just playing with settings? :)

Nimbus Megane R26
that was literally first day i got it and was trying to keep the cat still so quite possibly me moving the camera or playing with the settings heh.

VaVa
Nah... It's noise. I've got a TZ7 as my P&S and it's a great bit of kit... But anything above ISO400 is very noisy.... A problem most compacts suffer with tbh.

Nimbus Megane R26
why thankyou sir. Im at a loss with iso though, so the higher the iso the more noise in the picture and the less detailed it is?

Found out how to do long exposure shots for stars/sky and some light trails so picked up a cheap tripod and gonna give it a test tonight. impressed with it so far for such a small thing, cant wait to really get into it then to get a decient nikon or canon :)

VaVa
Yeah, on ANY digital camera, noise will increase the higher the ISO. But it's much more pronounced on compacts, possibly due to the tiny sensor.

The TZ7 is a cracking camera though mate. I'm really pleased with mine. The HD video is an added bonus too.

Great shots! :approve:

Nimbus Megane R26
Tried long exposure shots lastnight, first was 15 sec, second was 30 sec. Shame you can only pick between 15,30 and 60sec as id like a waterfall shot with only a few seconds but oh well. Any comments on what i can do better much aprechiated!!

Light looks totally blown out on first one, i have photoshop so could a function on that fix it?

P1000156.jpg

P1000154.jpg

Thanks for lookin :cool:

SLK 350
Are you using the scene modes for those?

Look good, and yes you can do some corrections on the levels, but open shutter pointing at a massive light is always going to produce the same result.

Look good though. I bought a Gorillapod when I got mine, pretty useful for trees and things.

Nimbus Megane R26
Yes mate i used the starry sky scene mode. I got a crappy tripod from jessops for £20, does the job!

Citroen DS3 DSport
Using Night Mode with the camera on a tripod or solid surface produces some good results as the camera will then automatically choose a shutter speed in between the default 15, 30 & 60 second options.

Nimbus Megane R26
looks lovely that mate, you use tripod or just rest the camera on something? btw where was it taken?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Thanks. I had to rest the camera on a railing for that photo and used the Night Scene setting. It was shot in Alcudia during October 2009.