ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First trip abroad in the 182 - France

Fiesta STripes
My first ever trip abroad in the 182 - having had a 197 for 2 1/2 years - I swapped it for the 182, and in all honesty, I prefer the 182. At least the Air Con works in the 182 ;)

Here are some pics of last weeks trip to my Uncle's place in the Charente:
[Pics taken on an HTC Sensation]

IMAG0385.jpg

IMAG0370.jpg

IMAG0359.jpg

IMAG0364.jpg

IMAG0331.jpg

IMAG0400.jpg

IMAG0399.jpg

IMAG0394.jpg

IMAG0402.jpg

IMAG0401.jpg

IMAG0397.jpg

IMAG0421.jpg

IMAG0427.jpg

IMAG0428.jpg

IMAG0431.jpg

IMAG0430.jpg

Did about 1500 miles in a week, and I'm madly in love with the 182 now, I didn't see a single other RenaultSport the whole time we were in France-every now and then, you'd see a five door diesel that 'un chavé' had driven through 'Norauto' - French Halfords.

The roads are beautiful, the countryside beautiful, and it was 35 plus every day too!!!

Elated!!

Fiesta STripes
It was strange. I went into the local Renault place to see how much a bulb was, and the guy said the only Clio sport he'd seen other than mid 'was a red British mk 3 a couple of years back' - which was mine lol

Clio 182
I did around 1600 miles this year in france, the clio was fine on the motorway, wasn't uncomfortable at all and it was perfectly fine cruising on the motorway. 80-90mph ish.

I didn't see a single other RS model Renault either, I thought I'd see them everywhere, was very odd!

Fiesta STripes
I did around 1600 miles this year in france, the clio was fine on the motorway, wasn't uncomfortable at all and it was perfectly fine cruising on the motorway. 80-90mph ish.

I didn't see a single other RS model Renault either, I thought I'd see them everywhere, was very odd!

The guy at the dealer said they never see them - everything is dirty diesel in France lol

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
I'm off to France next week to watch my mate play in the golf open there - cant wait to get the 182 on the French roads!!!

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Brilliant - how long did you go for?

Would really like to do this in the V6, always said I would if I got one then onto Monte Carlo

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Hi Mike, how are you doing mate?

trip to France looks brilliant but those plates are spoiling the car.

Clio 182
I need to road trip through Europe soon need to drive the 182 on the roads it belongs, Lovely photos by the way.

Yep! Both times I went, I drove around the roundabout at l'Arc De Triomphe. No lane markings, no giving way, scooters weaving in and out of everyone. I came to a complete stop at one point! So lucky the car didn't get damaged.

Last edited by a moderator:

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Driving in paris is not a nightmare at all. Took the DCI there at the weekend and had no problems at all. At the weekends Paris is asleep around the eiffel tower until about 10am and then it gets a little bussier. No worse than london though.

Road down to Paris (A16) is nearly 21 euros toll but is absolutely deserted.

Worst roads I've driven on were in luxembourg and belgium. Best are Switzerland.

Make sure you've got breathlysers, high vis jackets (in the passengers area), warning triangle, headlight beam adaptors and your nav doesn't tell you were speed camera is (that's illegal in France)

They advise to carry a first aid kit and a replacement bulb kit in some eu countries (germany, belguim etc)

I have played the game of "spot the undamaged car" around there though

Clio 172, Pug 106
Where abouts in Charente did you go? I'm hoping to drive to my friends house in Touverac next year!

Been a few times n holiday and it's great round there!