ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Post, First Car, First Project. What could go wrong eh? (mk2 1.2 16v)

Put my wheels away for the winter, so out came my old ones :(

Looks abit lower though which is strange as they are a higher profile tyre....

qJsZJir.jpg

VTiA51A.jpg

hey man,
firstly the car looks great! interior is in good nic, looking sweet low on the lenzos and loving your attention to detail :)

your colour coding, did you pick up new side strips or did you do them yourself? and are you gonna do the front bumper mouldings?

im basically looking to do the same thing to my lil 1.2, was wondering, if you did the side strips yourself, how did you do it? was it just a case of sand it down, primer and sand paint then lacquer?

hey man,
firstly the car looks great! interior is in good nic, looking sweet low on the lenzos and loving your attention to detail :)

your colour coding, did you pick up new side strips or did you do them yourself? and are you gonna do the front bumper mouldings?

im basically looking to do the same thing to my lil 1.2, was wondering, if you did the side strips yourself, how did you do it? was it just a case of sand it down, primer and sand paint then lacquer?

Cheers man, appreciate it! :)

I did them myself mate. sanded them down, primered, painted & clear coat. Easy mate if you wanna do it yourself!

The front strips i did do haha:eek: They came out a darker blue though, i think the second can of paint i had matched wasnt right. I'll probably look into re-doing them once the weather picks up, afew things i wanna do ready for next summer.

You should chuck up a project thread for yours mate, always enjoy a good non-sport ;)

Cheers man, appreciate it! :)

I did them myself mate. sanded them down, primered, painted & clear coat. Easy mate if you wanna do it yourself!

The front strips i did do haha:eek: They came out a darker blue though, i think the second can of paint i had matched wasnt right. I'll probably look into re-doing them once the weather picks up, afew things i wanna do ready for next summer.

You should chuck up a project thread for yours mate, always enjoy a good non-sport ;)

thanks for the quick reply, always see you online :p

and sweet i will look into paint, as i bought the extreme 3 in malaga orange! bad decision, if i had a black clio i would have a full rep on its way, but im not wanting to fork out for every single part to be sprayed :/ so rear bumper is all i will get done

think ill pop up a project thread soonish, looking to get some coilies and will prob get some smaller alloys as currently i run bk 299 in black but they are 17's

anyways, how long did it take you and did you do the usual increasing in fine grit sandpaper when sanding?

and sweet i will look into paint, as i bought the extreme 3 in malaga orange! bad decision, if i had a black clio i would have a full rep on its way, but im not wanting to fork out for every single part to be sprayed :/ so rear bumper is all i will get done

think ill pop up a project thread soonish, looking to get some coilies and will prob get some smaller alloys as currently i run bk 299 in black but they are 17's

anyways, how long did it take you and did you do the usual increasing in fine grit sandpaper when sanding?

Haha no worries, usually got CS open on a tab haha

Malaga orange? Sounds bright haha, got any pics? Meh I'd personally make the most of what you've got, but then I've never really been a fan of reps. Yeah the 172 bumper is a must, looks ace :)

Sounds good man, deffo go for coilies! Wish I had now haha :p

Took me a weekend but I was taking my time & leaving the coats to dry nicely in the sun. Tbh I just smoothed them down with some 1500 haha, all I had in the garage at the time! But you'd probably get far better results going finer as it will get smoother I would say.

JLK

1.2 Replica

I like, I like at least im not the only one with malaga orange!!!

Haha no worries, usually got CS open on a tab haha

Malaga orange? Sounds bright haha, got any pics? Meh I'd personally make the most of what you've got, but then I've never really been a fan of reps. Yeah the 172 bumper is a must, looks ace :)

Sounds good man, deffo go for coilies! Wish I had now haha :p

Took me a weekend but I was taking my time & leaving the coats to dry nicely in the sun. Tbh I just smoothed them down with some 1500 haha, all I had in the garage at the time! But you'd probably get far better results going finer as it will get smoother I would say.

yeh man the malaga orange was on some kind of special edition thing iirc,

and i like reps, i wouldnt have it fully replicated down to the wheels and that, but interior and bumpers i like

the best pic i have is this

d1f94ac64c17a2a762ede812fb5190ce.png

[that wheel gap :'(] lol

and cheers, think ill have to sand them down, paint and leave them somewhere warm and dry as there isnt gonna be any decent sun for a while :/

also, 1500 is a fine grit so yours will be nice and smooth

think ive got a sanding mouse set somewhere, so that should be nice and quick :)

JLK

1.2 Replica
woooo

and just seen your car, likey likey :)

have you got the s**t spec too, like comes with no rear speakers and the old interior-doesnt apply to you now, im stuck with barcodes fml

Yeah man, I had to fit the rear speakers! I couldn't not do it haha!!! And the barcodes were everywhere even on the airbag dash trim!

yeh man the malaga orange was on some kind of special edition thing iirc,

and i like reps, i wouldnt have it fully replicated down to the wheels and that, but interior and bumpers i like

the best pic i have is this

d1f94ac64c17a2a762ede812fb5190ce.png

[that wheel gap :'(] lol

and cheers, think ill have to sand them down, paint and leave them somewhere warm and dry as there isnt gonna be any decent sun for a while :/

also, 1500 is a fine grit so yours will be nice and smooth

think ive got a sanding mouse set somewhere, so that should be nice and quick :)

That aint a bad colour haha, would look great lowered & colour coded!
Yeah they are quite smooth, took me awhille by hand though to get the texture nice!

Anyway, thanks for the advice jack
Loving the car, keep up the good work
Nice to find a 1.2 thread on here
And thanks for the advice mate

Subbed

Cheers pal, no worries!
Theres loads of 1.2 threads on here so if you ever need any ideas have a search :)

Right, got afew pics of the spacers while they were on. will have to come off for now due to backs rubbing & possible knackered CV joint on the front (that and spacers on front with none on back looks weird aha)

Before:

1OJ85ml.jpg

After:

NldU0M4.jpg

pUsHVRK.jpg

AiaQ3nE.jpg

Gutted i didn't get any better pics

@alexr19 They looked so, so good on the car! (good call btw ;)) shame they dont fit :/

Cheers pal! hopefully will be at CSS next year with it :)

looks great mate what size are these

Little update:

Got my BSX's back out and back on the car, couldnt resist!

IIbUVnb.jpg

Gave them a good clean inside & out beforehand though:

sVBhviy.jpg

And then i rushed and took the most dogshit photo ever :rasp:

35cWCqB.jpg

Dont ask, it looked OK on my phone :rolleyes:

Got my fabia splitter to fit, then it needs a good, full weekend of TLC to get it nice & clean! Holding off spending much money on it now though as I may be getting a new car come renewal, a big maybe.... ;)

Spent an hour or so today tidying the car up

First replaced the pollen filter. well, when I say replace, there wasn't one in there anyway which was weird! So i popped a fresh one in

Then I started to hoover & clean up the interior, gave the dash a wipe down & generally made it a nice place to be again!

1W5yZDF.jpg

My Gear knob insert is looking abit worse for wear so I'll be ordering up a new one when I have the chance

dcEQHOQ.jpg

Also, dat MPG ;)

Vft0Gt0.jpg

Still got a fabia splitter to fit, my new bullets (when they arrive) and then i need a good day cleaning, polishing & waxing the outside.

TT QS
Give me a shout before you order a gear knob. I have one here I ordered yonks ago but never fitted. Probs cheaper than one from renault too

TT QS
I've had it a while. The guy does them on eBay but I never fitted it and it's just sat in my room. £15 posted?
uqeqe4yb.jpg

My Gear knob insert is looking abit worse for wear so I'll be ordering up a new one when I have the chance

If you've got some 1200 wet & dry, paint, lacquer & a little time spare then just buy the sticker from Andy @ N2X (or is it Ady? Sorry, I forget!) on here. Less than £3 posted or something trivial like that for a DIY refurb.

If you've got some 1200 wet & dry, paint, lacquer & a little time spare then just buy the sticker from Andy @ N2X (or is it Ady? Sorry, I forget!) on here. Less than £3 posted or something trivial like that for a DIY refurb.

Yeah i did that the first time round, quite like the blue engraved look of alex's though :)

Parts arrived! :D

Got my new, smoothed bullets from the sprayshack GB, so well done!

SthygFe.jpg

fQ79sRx.jpg

Also my gearknob came from alexr19 so i whacked that on:

BcXChn8.jpg

Plans are to spend the weekend on the car, sorting out all the niggles & giving it a good clean. Got my new splitter to fit also.

P.S, anyone know where to get some decent seatcovers from? I bought some cheap ones off ebay but they dont fit the shape of the seat properly so have ripped lol.

Got up early(ish) and gave the whip a quick clean today! Thought id test out my new toy haha

Re6pK9O.jpg

Method was rinse, foam, cleaned the wheels, rinsed, handwash, rinse, dry. Didnt bother with any polish/wax as I left it for later on & then forgot haha :eek: too busy getting my KFC lol so i just gave it a once over with a QD.
Still some white spots etc all over the front end & near the sills, not sure what it is. fairly sure they arent stone chips, but they didnt come off after the clean so i presume its something like tar spots? any ideas on the best route to take to get rid?

Still, looks miles better than before:

bkpKQ93.jpg

qOKEqh5.jpg

New bullets! :D

39oP3E8.jpg

xlxSAGZ.jpg

Still got my splitter to fit but im hoping to sort next weekend, will be good to have on for the west mids photo day :)

Looking good, got the same pressure washer great bit of kit for the price. You going to get a 3/4 plate?

Cheers pal :)

Yeah its great! plus i got the free patio brush & little extras so will be put to use cleaning the garden up aswell haha.

Nah im trying oh so hard to stop spending money now! Plan is for the car to return standardish and passed on to my mum (glad its still in the family haha). And im trying to find myself a new car, been looking at trophys, 182's etc but also Z4's lol :eek:

Cheers pal :)

Yeah its great! plus i got the free patio brush & little extras so will be put to use cleaning the garden up aswell haha.

Nah im trying oh so hard to stop spending money now! Plan is for the car to return standardish and passed on to my mum (glad its still in the family haha). And im trying to find myself a new car, been looking at trophys, 182's etc but also Z4's lol :eek:

Haha I know what you mean I've spent far to much the past month, trophy would be nice or an ly182 :p