ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

first major service cost...

RB 200
Had my mk in today for its 1st major .. got 5w40 elf oil, oil filter, sump plug washer, air filter, plugs and pollen filter - all genuine parts .. cost me £30! from our branch in wigan...labour cost £30+vat .. and when it was up there i needed pads - so i looked into our stock and we had some nice mintex pads i paid £11 for ...

so all in all a good day!! and i work for a ford garage :p .. benfield quoted me£230 ... then i'd have needed the pads ... so im quite chuffed . quite a difference there i must say :star::star::star::star::star:

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Ideal.just shows how much garages rip normal people off who dont work in a garage lol

RB 200
haha it does like .. but in fairness if anyone wants to bring there cars over. . i can get the parts cost + 10% ... and discounted services ... so hit me up!

Ideal.just shows how much garages rip normal people off who dont work in a garage lol

Sorry mate, your miles off the mark. Sure it seems like a lot of money, but the garage in question will have overheads you can't imagine to provide a service for people that have no knowledge, or little interest in maintaining their car; staff, tools (ever looked at the price of REAL garage tools?), property, insurance, booking & admin staff etc.. the list goes on.

Sure - OP did his service for cheap, but I bet it was on a 3k ramp, in a 200sqft workshop, with proper tools etc - can you see my point?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry mate, your miles off the mark. Sure it seems like a lot of money, but the garage in question will have overheads you can't imagine to provide a service for people that have no knowledge, or little interest in maintaining their car; staff, tools (ever looked at the price of REAL garage tools?), property, insurance, booking & admin staff etc.. the list goes on.

Sure - OP did his service for cheap, but I bet it was on a 3k ramp, in a 200sqt workshop, with proper tools etc - can you see my point?

I was in no way refering to all garages and saying their a rip off, but i was meanin look at all the parts hes just got for that price..plugs alone cost more than everything there
ive got mates who work in garages and even agree that their customers get ripd off, in fairness though it is about who you know as their are plenty garages that are fairly priced
its normaly the company that have garages across the country that are the rip offs

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Well he even agreed himself if you look at his reply.... I was pointing out how all of that was £30 so it hows u just how much profit is made on parts let alone labour costs

Mini Cooper S
If they weren't making as much on parts, they'd be charging more for labour. You need to look at the whole picture!

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
If they weren't making as much on parts, they'd be charging more for labour. You need to look at the whole picture!

Ok ya can stop crying about it now.i didnt make a personal remark about a specific person or garage
glad u agree that every garage in the country are fair an charge reasonable prices an that no one ever gets ripd off
silly me for thinking this

RB 200
i work in a parts department, service parts, discs pads ect make about 60% mark up from ford .. to be honest its quite something .. thats genuine stuff ... some things theres very small mark up .. but ALOT of things are unreal ... ... suppose the offers open if you want anything sorted its easily done.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
i work in a parts department, service parts, discs pads ect make about 60% mark up from ford .. to be honest its quite something .. thats genuine stuff ... some things theres very small mark up .. but ALOT of things are unreal ... ... suppose the offers open if you want anything sorted its easily done.

cool mate
I was only trying to say to you its ideal how you got the bits for that price and then people start having a go lol
plus the point you work for ford (main dealer) lol who we all know like to make a very small amount of profit drom their customers
theres thread after thread about dealers and prices they charge ect lol