ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Detail! Advise Please.

55 Reg Clio 182+CUP Packs
After what happened at the American car wash, I thought it best to learn a new trade, and get started on some detailing myself.

Follow this link to see the damage I aim to repair, (Pictures Bottom of Page one)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=421306

I have just bought my self the following: and would like to know what combo's I should try to tackle the correction of the mess you see above (via the link).

Rotary Machine

Silver "Silverstorm" Rotary Polisher
125mm Flexi Rotary Backing Plate

Pads

2 X Lake Country Black 6.5 Buffing Pad (Finishing Pad)
1 X Lake Country Orange 6.5 Buffing Pad (Cutting/Polishing Pad)
1 X Lake Country Yellow 6.5 Buffing Pad (Cutting Pad)

Compounds/Polishes

Britemax #1 Pure cut (Heavy/Medium Compound)
Britemax #2 Resto max (Medium Lubricated Compound)
Britemax #3 Perfect Prep Final Polish
Britemax #4 Black Max Ultra Fine Polishing Glaze

Sealants/Waxes

Britemax #5 Extreme Elements Polymer Sealant
Britemax #6 Max Shine Liquid Polymer Wax

Cleaners/Degreaser's and Clays

Britemax Grime Out Cleaner & Degreaser
Britemax Rubber Max Conditioner
Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay Bar

Metal Polish/Cleaners

Britemax Easy Cut Metal Cleaner & Polish
Britemax Final Shine Metal Polish & Sealant

As you can see I like my supplies to be uniform/of the same make.

I already have the car shampoo and detailer/lubricant spray, micro fibre towels etc,

So please, point me in the right direction...

Thanks

Tim

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
You're going to have fun with this one!

Ever used a Rotary?? Correction should be fairly easy tbh...Given the current state. I would defo advice a 3in backing plate and 3m/megs 80mm pads for the rotary.

Go very slow, 1200rpm and work your way up.

Start with your hardest pad and #2 Britemax, if that doesn't work step it up. be prepared to work each panel a couple of times!! before you even consider finishing.

take pics, would love to see the transformation, then send it to the company that fcuked it up!

One wee word of advice, there isn't one detailer out there who used solely one product range!...There is always better products for different fucntions/applications...

Ali

Hi Tim,

Not a bad habbit to get into mate. I would agree with Ali, however, that just one product line is not really the way to go.

I am not certain that you will need a rotary for this process and think it may be a little over kill/making it harder on yourself. But this is just my thought process :)