ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First courtesy car... holy hell!

Clio 182 arctic
yeah i took my car to birchdown 2years ago and they handed me the keys to what they called 'a van';)
when i got the 182 back it felt awesome. maybe thats what dealers are after.

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Up until recently our dealership (ford/kia) handed out a p reg Nissan micraP :p did the job and never went wrong!

R5GTTx2,R11,Clio DCI
we have a few various cars at work, from 107 to 308 courtesy cars, and the 407 company car drivers always turn their nose up at the 107's, but they always take them when you say ok we will call u a cab

Merc
We all are - think how my father reacted when the loaner car for the R8 having some paint work done was a Daewoo Matiz...

Just remember, nothing handles quite like a hire car ;)

That brings back memories... Arrived at gatwick went to fetch the hire car the work had arranged for us but was two small for 5 of us so they gave us a Daewoo Matiz. Imagine this i had barely driven on the left (wrong) side of the road and also a rhd car. From Gatwick to Blandford along the m3 going at 80mph on a 1.0 wasn't my best experience lol. I must admit that on other occasions we were given decent cars Ford C-max, Skoda, Vauxhalls...

Merc
I was given a Kia Picanto 1.0 as a courtesy car which i had for about 2 months. It didn't even have a radio! Was newish at the time but nothing worth celebrating lol

When the 172 was written off, I was given a '10 plate Vauxhall Insignia as a courtesy car, had it two months and it was epic, 2.0CDTi SRi, proper quick once moving and an awesome barge.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I got a brand new 1.2 corsa, had 96 miles on the clock after i wrote off my 106, it was well worn in after i'd finished with it.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
i had 2 of the brand new corsa sxi's as courtesy cars. all with dilvery mileage. lets just say they sounded like they were a 200k diesel when id finished with them.

embrace it, nothing is faster than a courtesy car.

Ive not had a courtesy car, I've had a courtesy bike. Took my new (to me) Suzuki SV1000 back to the dealer for a service, since it was taking longer than expected I got a 186 mile 10 plate Honda CB1000R for the night :)
DSC00784-1.jpg

DSC00787.jpg

DSC00783.jpg

DSC00791.jpg

My mates had a few courtesy cars;
Nissan note 1.4 - We did 1000 miles in a week for a laugh, was a good car, had alot of space and cubby holes everywhere, but after we got bored and decided to ruin it by changing gear without a clutch, worked a few times before it started grinding lol
nissannote.jpg

DSC01069.jpg

Peugoet 207 SW 1.4 - boring, slow, we tested the speakers out they were rubbish, so was the sticker asking for £35 to clean it if it was dirty, so I turned it upsidedown for lols
DSC00107.jpg

DSC00123.jpg

DSC00116.jpg

DSC00114.jpg

DSC00110.jpg

Discounted 1*2 parts
Do you know how much it costs to run 8 brand new loan cars every 6 months? .......... s**t loads

This is why we are now having to use older vehicles, to try and save money and ultimately people's jobs.

At the end of the day it is only a set of wheels to keep you mobile, it shouldn't have to be anything special, although granted it should be tidy and mechanically sound

R5GTTx2,R11,Clio DCI
my point exactly, if you were given a clio 200 when you took ya 1.2 in for a service you'd only complain about the cost of the service which is high to incorporate the expensive c/car

if a courtesy car isn't good enough fcukin walk lol

2004 182FF
Do you know how much it costs to run 8 brand new loan cars every 6 months? .......... s**t loads

This is why we are now having to use older vehicles, to try and save money and ultimately people's jobs.

At the end of the day it is only a set of wheels to keep you mobile, it shouldn't have to be anything special, although granted it should be tidy and mechanically sound

Especially with posts from the lad above you to go by.

For a courtesy car it should just be relatively new, in good condition and be able to get you to where you want to go. Courtesy = Polite, not, here have whatever you want.

Titanium 182
I'd imagine Renault should be able to afford to keep 8+ cars running judging by the £100+ they wanted for a lcd clock today. Jokers ! haha

But yeah, it seriously doesn't matter what car it is.

Nissan 350z
Seems good business sense to offer sheds as courtesy cars as your car will feel amazing afterwards regardless to the fault it went in for lol.

V6 255 (Illiad Blue)
When some Jabroni broadsided the missus in the 172 we were given a Cooper S as a courtesy car.

It was almost as if it was a completely different car!

Did you raise the peoples eyebrow and layeth the smacketh down on the dealership? ;)

White clique
a courtesy car is a courtesy car in my book, as long as its not a deathtrap. I keep getting Minis from my dealership, they were nice at first but now getting a bit bored of them!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
i took the wifes astra twintop in because the roof was leaking. vauxhall said "oh no, they don't usually leak".

Gave me a 10 plated twintop to drive home whilst they looked in to it. pissed it down with rain and i got a soaking wet shoulder.

I wish id never bought her that car, its w**k.

Westy. MX5
If you don't fancy the the courtesy car thats on offer, then say to the service manager you are thinking of changing your car in the near future and would like to try one of the new demonstrators. Have a look in the showroom and see which model you would like to try, if the demo car is available then they are usually happy to let you have an extended test drive instead of the courtesy car.
Always worked for me in VW, SEAT and Skoda dealers. Don't expect this to work at weekends though.

RB 182
When mine went to have it's starter motor fixed They have me a 1.4 automatic corsa with 110k on the clock, it was burgundy and had THE most vomit inducing horrible interior.

I'd never driven an automatic before, when coming up to my first junction I pressed hard on the clutch... well what I thought was the clutch. Nearly broke my neck as well as very nearly causing an accident xD

I was thankful that it had COURTSEY CAR plastered all over it, atleast then people would not think it was actually my car!

When I got my 182 back it felt like a ferrari.