ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First courtesy car... holy hell!

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Clio 200 goes in for some warranty work, dealership are doing all they can to annoy me with their uninterested approach to me...

...but give me a clearly poorly, rattly, slow, worn, smelly Clio Dci on a 57 plate with 66k is just rubbing salt in the wounds.

All this car is telling me, is that if you buy a Clio and do serious miles in it, it'll basically not stand up to the job.

The 1997 Pug 306 GTI-6 (DT Engine) I got rid of for the 200 was 10x more solid, less noise, comfier and a shed load nippier! This thing is flat!

Any other horror stories out there for "Courtesy cars"?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Is it just me or did that make very little sense.

Yeah I took my Clio in a few years back and received an R8 as a courtesy car! Couldn't believe my luck! It was 10x better build, quicker and better looking than my 1.2 Clio. This thread is flat!

Tin Can with wheels
think its a rant of "I got a sh*t courtesy car and was expecting better" ...my car is in the body shop from some Tw*t went into the side of my civic, thought my courtesy car would be a 1.2 corsa... to my surprise got a 60 plate 2,400 miles Golf GTI TSI with DSG gearbox.. bloody fantastic car

But rather pointless....

Megane 225 F1
I lied. I had one when I crashed my corsa. It was a brand spanking new, never been driven, fresh off the shelf, 1.3 yaris.........

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
There truly are some tits on here it seems!

How is it pointless bitching about a crap car after lobbing £16.5k into Renaults coffers?

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
What I expect... well going by the 2 dealerships i've worked at... a car less than 18 months old, one WITHOUT suspension noises/steering knocks, a clutch pedal touching the frigging roof linings and a smell of rotting jock straps!

What I expect... well going by the 2 dealerships i've worked at... a car less than 18 months old, one WITHOUT suspension noises/steering knocks, a clutch pedal touching the frigging roof linings and a smell of rotting jock straps!

Who do you work for, Bugatti?

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
That'll be a Toyota dealership, and Audi thanks...

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Flol! Yes because that makes good business sense to keep firing out new CC to customers so they can treat them like utter shite!

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
It may be a different set up for different makers, do RUK supply the cars, or does the dealership...?

That'll be a Toyota dealership, and Audi thanks...

Well there is your first mistake. Audi gave me a B class Merc when the S3 went in. The next time was an A4 (granted brand new, but I did take the R8 in for a service).

Simple fact is they don't have to supply you with anything decent. If you actually put some thought into it, how will you feel when you get your soon to be broken again Clio 200 back, after driving a s**t box for a few days?

Precisely.

We all are - think how my father reacted when the loaner car for the R8 having some paint work done was a Daewoo Matiz...

Just remember, nothing handles quite like a hire car ;)

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Boats handle like this one! I'm almost tempted to lob under a jack and see whats making the noise!

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
I had a car in getting insurance work done after someone reversed into it. The courtesy car company rang me up saying they had ran out of manuals but they had some autos, so i said i'll take an auto if its nice... Later on a brand spanky new golf TDI pulled up, thing was fully loaded with all the toys! Didnt want to give them it back after 2 weeks of having it! lol

Audi gave me a new A3 the first time, and a new TT the second time I've taken the car back there. It worked in their favour giving out a nice car, as the missus is now buying a new TT.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

sounds to me like you got given a mint dci clio tbqfh

Stripped yozza'd cup
When I took my brabus roadster in, mercedes gave me an A160. Now that is the worst car ever made. It actually seems like mercedes went out of their way to make it bad. 1.4, automatic. So slow it was dangerous and only returned 27mpg. Absolutely apalling.

I had a fiat panda as a courtesy car once, nearly killed myself and the ex in it going onto a slip road. The "city" steering was not a good choice for motorway entry. lol

V6 255 (Illiad Blue)
Boats handle like this one! I'm almost tempted to lob under a jack and see whats making the noise!

Fix the rattle then charge em for it...refuse to give keys back until they do...see how they like it

This week while my clio is being fixed ive had a 10 plate clio 1.2 5 door.
Not a fan

although it was on the red light and i put a tenner in and now says i can do another 110miles haha awesome

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Fix the rattle then charge em for it...refuse to give keys back until they do...see how they like it

Instead i've fixed the petrol lawnmower lol.

I want mine back right now... not a good thing knowing your car is with a stealer!

R5GTTx2,R11,Clio DCI
a courtesy car is just that, it's not a like for like replacement, second class driving is better than first class walking

hope you manage with the shitbox that is obviously unroadworthy and a massive inconvenience to drive

[/rant]

Listerine & Poledo
When some Jabroni broadsided the missus in the 172 we were given a Cooper S as a courtesy car.

It was almost as if it was a completely different car!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
When some Jabroni broadsided the missus in the 172 we were given a Cooper S as a courtesy car.

It was almost as if it was a completely different car!
Read that back to yourself for me.

Weo

When some drunk hit my 1.1 C2 I got a mercedes a160 as a "like for like" car.... Engine had no go, so I guess that was the only like for like.