ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Car!

13 Vespa 125 S Sport
Hello everyone, I'm new here and just purchased my first car. Picked this up for £200 with tax and test until september which i didn't think was bad? Iv not passed my test yet so this is going to be a summer project. First thing is to get it rid of all the stupid mods this has on it. Carbon wrapped roof, chrome door mirrors that look like they have been screwed on with wood screws and the bloody sparco stickers are all coming off. Really not to sure about the wheels yet. Only have this picture for now. Ill update again with more pictures, and when iv stripped everything back and checked it all out.

2hd456o.jpg

13 Vespa 125 S Sport
My first purchase! haha
2rm83lt.jpg

Im still waiting to go pick the car up. But from what i remember it needs front disk and pads, a new tyre and a general tidy, the engine bay didn't look the best so i think I'm going to completely strip everything from the car, and do the cam belt etc while the engine is out as the previous owner has no idea when it was last done, and its currently on 96k. Anyone help me with what model this is please? Im completely new to clios and i see all this phase 1, phase 2 172 etc stuff and i have no idea! Thanks.

Clio mk3
My first purchase! haha
2rm83lt.jpg

Im still waiting to go pick the car up. But from what i remember it needs front disk and pads, a new tyre and a general tidy, the engine bay didn't look the best so i think I'm going to completely strip everything from the car, and do the cam belt etc while the engine is out as the previous owner has no idea when it was last done, and its currently on 96k. Anyone help me with what model this is please? Im completely new to clios and i see all this phase 1, phase 2 172 etc stuff and i have no idea! Thanks.

it's a mk2 phase 1. Put it all back to standard with some tidy wheels and it'll look nice mate

182trophy & Williams
cheap for a reason. The way you talk about it suggests you have half a clue, which kinda puzzles me as to why you bought it when you could have got something in standard form. But anything you do to it can only improve it, and as it is your first car just enjoy it, learn from it and have fun. I look forward to seeing what you do to it bud....and drive safe ;)

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Ignoring the stupid mods it doesn't look bad for £200! :) - good luck with whatever you do with it, just please do not consider keeping those wheels :dead:

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Welcome mate, love white clios and bargains, you got both. You should of asked someone to send you the manual in pdf :)

Mec 350 slk manual
Welcome G-rex paint the wheels black and put std black door mirrors on it would look a lot better .

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Lose everything that the precious owner has done. Then start off with some colour coding, tidy rims, clear side repeaters and a sport interior ;)

13 Vespa 125 S Sport
cheap for a reason. The way you talk about it suggests you have half a clue, which kinda puzzles me as to why you bought it when you could have got something in standard form. But anything you do to it can only improve it, and as it is your first car just enjoy it, learn from it and have fun. I look forward to seeing what you do to it bud....and drive safe ;)

I studied mechanics at college and worked in a fast fit centre for a year, but that was when i was 16-18 and I'm now 24, and haven't really touched cars since. So this is more to get me back into things and just have a play about. Its been a while since i got my hands dirty!

as its your first car I think you should go crazy at halfords just to get it out of your system :) really though, dont keep the wheels or mirrors they look shocking

Haha! Don't worry, all that halfords stuff doesn't appeal to me! Yeah they will be straight off once iv found a nice set to replace them

Haha! Don't worry, all that halfords stuff doesn't appeal to me! Yeah they will be straight off once iv found a nice set to replace them

Ah your 24, that'll be why the halfords stuff doesnt appeal, that tends to be the 17-19year olds,

I think standard mirrors look fine, and some 182 alloys would look nice ;) not sure on fitment to a phase 1 though, would have thought its still 4x100

13 Vespa 125 S Sport
Finally took delivery of the car, a pervious owner clearly had a lot of taste.
This weekend will be spent stripping it all back
3uzabe5u.jpg
y9y6yvej.jpg
ura9ynyq.jpg
mydupu6y.jpg
ete6y3ug.jpg
9erazu5u.jpg
me3aby8a.jpg
una4udu5.jpg
aru4aga7.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
properly hideous.

but sounds like you may be able to save it, just be careful to not then "improve it" with sik, "CS-approved", insurance-busting modz.

In fact, put it back to standard and you'll probably make a few quid back on it too

13 Vespa 125 S Sport
Well process has been incredibly slow, but finally spent a few hours on it tonight and started striping the interior out and removing the old wiring. How this thing ever ran is beyond me, so much stuff selotaped into the cigarette lighter.

Waiting on payday, then I can finally start doing some mechanical jobs.

7ururavy.jpg
gytegu9y.jpg

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
What a s**t heap... but, sounds like you're on the right path! Props to ripping it out mate and good luck, genuinely looking forwards to updates here :)

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Get rid of stickers, PLEASE.

Side Skirts are.. okay... Rest of car would be okay if it was treated well.

13 Vespa 125 S Sport
Few spare hours tonight and it stayed dry. No longer having a garage is a right pain :(

Fitted some standard wing mirrors as you can see the ones on were awful. Should of been a couple of mins job but the previous owner had used wood screws and silicon to hold them on!
a2ebubuq.jpg
ju8ahaje.jpg
ynyqu3en.jpg

Then I stripped the rest of the interior out. Dash, seat belts and roof trim are all out. Made a start on the sound deadening but that got tedious pretty quickly. Anyone got some tips? Some people say to heat it others cool it, what's the best method?
by5y4ygy.jpg
evequza8.jpg