ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finished

S4 Avant
Finally.

It's taken nearly two years, and a lot of time, money and effort. But this evening I replaced the last part of my damaged car.

Photo-0108.jpg

Photo-0111.jpg

Photo-0120.jpg

I'm over the moon!

How it stands now:

Photo-0125.jpg

Photo-0100-1.jpg

and what it came from, the crashed abused car that it was:

Photo-0128.jpg

Yeah theres a couple of little niggles to sort, like the pre tensioner on the new seat, but looking back at how far it's come I'm quite happy to be able to say it's finished :approve:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Don't... you'll make me cry!

Must be somewhere in the region of £12k?

Frightening isn't it.

I remember many moons ago I sl4gged you off for doing it. I was only saying it because I've done EXACTLY the same thing.....

Several times!

Its sad how boys love their toys though!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
people do not read your original post and think you have that dire kit still on lol? How has it cost you 12k though?! I do like it but you could of bought 2 182's for that?

Breaking mk2 DCI
nice work how long did it take you?

having the accident was a sign to get that kit off Lol

gotta love inferno

S4 Avant
Bought in November 2007, so it's been on going since then.

...and I didn't crash it, it was bought from a salvage yard.

Megane Trophy, Golf
Think ive seen you in it on the big hill in Matlock, I was going towards Chesterfield and you was coming down it towards the Nationwide bank! Few months back.

S4 Avant
Think ive seen you in it on the big hill in Matlock, I was going towards Chesterfield and you was coming down it towards the Nationwide bank! Few months back.

Ah! Yeah, I remember seeing you, coming down bank road, didn't realise you'd be on here!

M2 Competition
Frightening isn't it.

I remember many moons ago I sl4gged you off for doing it. I was only saying it because I've done EXACTLY the same thing.....

Several times!

Its sad how boys love their toys though!

Lol! I know exactly what you mean. Ive lost so much money on cars over the years.

Id be rubbish as a car dealer, i have no interest in making a profit on them and ive made some awful buying decisions in my time.

S4 Avant
Lol at Daniel slagging me off about my car, to be fair I deserved it, some one should have slapped me for buying it.

320d
Looks great. You learn from your mistakes so just enjoy the car now, no point in dwelling on the past.

Its certainly come a long way.

GTD, Lupo
Looks 100 times better :D

Wish people would read the whole thread instead of just looking at pictures.

One thing im a little unsure about is the whole 12k??Cant see how 12k has gone into the car? Not good with clios but so far i have noticed they are pretty cheap to modify and restore. 12k could get you full leather retrim, spotless paintjob (whole car) and a hefty bit of engine work and still have a little change for some petrol. Tell us some more of what has been done.

Paul

LY R26
looks great now

Before i got my 172 my dad and i nearly bought a damaged trophy to restore and me to have as a daily, glad we didnt in the end even tho having a finished article must be a great feeling i couldnt be doing with the hassle!