ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finished one job now need to do another

Hi guys need you help AGAIN (seriously you guys have helped alot:star:)

So I finished of doing my abs rings today ( unbolt hub nut, undo ball joint, take driveshaft out and reverse)

So basically not my steering is off a little bit. I have to have my steering wheel about 10degree left to be going straight. Have I screwed something up or does this normally happen;). How can I sort this out?:eek:

Thanks again :cool:

Nothing at the mo :(
Mines constantly on the left to but it dont effect driving. i did get my tracking done over year ago but still the same. thing the blokes was justs hit

Well one of my springs is snapped and my car is coming up to 95k so I'm changing the springs and dampers so I will just get 4 wheel alignment done and get then to sort the problem out.

Is the steering out because of the ball joint or the driveshaft?

Also what should I torque the ball joint bolts to? Is it possible I put the ball joint on wrong? I only took off the 2 bolts and put them back though:(

BMW M135i
Driftshaft hub nuts are 280nm off the top of my head, ball joints you can't really get wrong tbh. They're circa 100nm but I haven't got the manual in front of me to remind, FT would be fine anyway in the real world.

Cheers mate il have a search round. I'm gonna dismantle it and put back together. Should I move the steering wheel whilst doing it as I'm sure I moved it last time by accident?

ITB'd MK1
have you put the steering arm back onto the hub from the right way? The thread should go up through the hole in the knuckle. If you've turned it the other way and done down through the hole, then you've changed the angle and effectively shortened the steering arm. Worth checking. Only thing you can get really wrong that i can think of

have you put the steering arm back onto the hub from the right way? The thread should go up through the hole in the knuckle. If you've turned it the other way and done down through the hole, then you've changed the angle and effectively shortened the steering arm. Worth checking. Only thing you can get really wrong that i can think of

Ahh I think your right come to think of it. My fault for rushing as it was -5c. Cheers mate il give it a bash. Help appricated as always :star: