ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finished college. can't get into my car. Help!??

1.216V Hologram Grey
so yeah, just finished college, walked over to my little clio, (battery is dead in my key) so i went to use the lock on my door...doesn't fit in the key whole or anything?!? aaaaarrrgghh is that my whole central locking jammed!? is there anyway i can get in without smashing my way in??....i swear this stuff only happens to me lmao :(

1.216V Hologram Grey
yeah im getting picked up to get another battery now lol, i just meant because its not even letting me put my key in the door does that mean its stuck half way between locked and unlocked? will unlocking it via clicking my key sort it out? its not jammed for good lol? im just curious cause ive never had anything like this happen before lol

1.216V Hologram Grey
ahhh ive tried it :/ same situation, college gates will soon be locked so i'll have to leave it there overnight :L lets just hope i dont get back to it sitting on bricks lmao :L

Evo 8 MR
I've had a similar problem with the battery not working, I came back to it after a few hours and it worked. I still changed the battery asap though.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Take the battery out and heat it up gentally. Did it with mine, left the battery onto of the fireplace for 10mins and it gave it enough juice to unlock my car

172 cup, Impreza P1
Spray some WD40 into the lock. Because they dont get used much due to central locking they tend to seize up.

1.216V Hologram Grey
ahhh thanks for all the help guys :) went back the next day with the working key and it unlocked just as normal! relief! :)