ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finaly Got My 172turbo Back!

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
collected my 172 back from bbpt yesterday! had their turbo kit fitted!(7600) had to drive all the way home t taunton! its worth every penny! nothing touches it! well i had to take it slow to run it in so i never thrashed it! got a dyno print out before and after ! bang on the the money with 171.5bhp!before.and after il tell you after the rr day at bbpt next sunday! aslo il post sum vids next monday! private road of corse!:approve:

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Hi Mate,
Glad you've finally got it back. Can i ask what took so long? On their site it says they need 4-5 weeks. Didn't yours take 3-4 months? Is their work guaranteed?
John

Clio 172 mk2
If I was going to spend that kind of money I'd hope the workmanship had some kind of guarantee.

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
yh the cars great! got a dyno graft of before and after! 171bhp before! and its set at just over 261bhp now! going rr day nxt sunday! its so mean on the road ! sorry i havent posted any vids yet! iv bin busy down some deserted back lanes! its soooo fast its unreal! :eek:

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
Tucks said:
Good work mate!Sounds awesome.
SW meet next week if you wana show it off :)
id love to! where at?day time please.im only home at weekends! plus im off to dyno bbpt sunday!:eek:

MINI JCW
GazCB said:
How many times have your insurance company multiplied your insurance by?

I was thinking the same thing, £7600 to pay for the work and god only knows how much extra for the insurance.

Glad your enjoying it and think its worth it though

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
yh the cars freekin fast! insurance is alot!but well worth it! im 22 also which dont help! its 2000 at the mo! soon to go up when i get my licence back with 6points on it for speeding!:mad:

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
22? Wow that must be amazing to have such a fast car so young! Hope your enjoying it! Get some vids up slacker!!!
John

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Awesome mate! Can't wait to see some vids..0-60 / 100 would be good lol! Your car has to be one of the fastest cars on the forum, if not the fastest?

Does it really struggle for grip in 1st and 2nd and potentially 3rd under hard accleration??

Tyson.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
sounds good mate...didn't know you were so local....i am down the road in shepton mallet...

sounds good mate..shame you can't make the weston meet

did someone leave you lots of money in their will? Or do you rob banks for a living?

I couldnt even dream of having that much money kicking about to spend on a turbo for my car, nor the £2k price tag for insurance!

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Got any pictures of your car? Does it look like a standard 172?

7600, is a rediculous amount of money to spend on a clio, I never would, but I suppose you do with it what you want.

Thumbups for doing it!

16vturbolee

fair shout mate i know what it feels like handin of that sort of money to bbpt wrong i say but i live in bristol so not far from you so 2 clio turbos in the south west race on ;)

Megane Trophy
yes but if you read into what BBT actually do and the work envolved you can see why it costs that much.
Not just your average bolt a turbo on, play with some management and tap into the block for oil feed

Hope to see this sunday to see what power its making. The videos are certainly impressive though!

r5 gtt with 172 turbo eng
16vturbolee said:
fair shout mate i know what it feels like handin of that sort of money to bbpt wrong i say but i live in bristol so not far from you so 2 clio turbos in the south west race on ;)

let me now when you plan on doing a meet up as id like to pop along and compare ;)

Clio 172 mk2
Impressive stuff

2 grand on insurance is bloody steep though...car certainly must be something if your willing to pay that:D

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
yh its a beast! goes like stink! not to good around london trafic though! as found out tonight! and im sorry but i never managed to get any vids the weekend because i never had time plus its my mates cam! i cant afford one!lol ! so when are these weston meets?sundays?where

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
16vturbolee said:
its well worth it! its sweet as! and no race on i have enough points as it is!are you going bbpt rr day?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Neil G said:
Impressive stuff

2 grand on insurance is bloody steep though...car certainly must be something if your willing to pay that:D

Theres a lot of people paying this for evo or subaru insurance.And i bet there not as fast as this in a straight line...

ian