ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally some pics of my valver

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
It's been 7 months since I had a little oversteer induced off road excursion :oops: and done this damage to my baby :cry: :cry: as well as the all the suspension damage
NSQtrdamage.gif

Silldamage.gif

I wasn't too worried about the cosmetic damage as the plan ever since I bought it was to get full respray. So the buying started, with some rust free doors on ebay, rsi skirts & wilwood 4 pots :cool: from diamondgeezer on here, rear bumper off cliodan87, tailgate off cant remember who, and a set of wheels for me to refurb.
Would like to say thanks to the above for sorting me out and was good to meet you all as well and hopefully I'll meet a few more now I've got the car sorted.
I went to the bodyshop at the end of march and booked it in for the respray at the end of may. In the meantime I swapped these
Yellowbrakes.gif
for these badboys 8)

Wilwoods.gif

Then when she went in I made a start on the wheels, here's what they looked like when I got them back from being shot blasted
Wheelspreppd.gif

Then filled & sanded all the kerb marks & missing chunks with chemical metal and 4 coats of primer (no short cuttin)

Wheelsprimed.gif

Then the 1st couple of coats of gloss black paint
Wheelpartpaint.gif

Then a few more coats, rubbed back with some 1500 grit wet and 3 coats of lacquer
Wheelsdone.gif

Here they are on the car wrapped in brand new yokohama paradas 8)
IMG_1967.gif

Here's a gratuitous pic of my housemates new car lol
IMG_1984.jpg

The work in progress
1bonnetapillar.gif

boot.gif

door.gif

Last look with old battered sill
olssillarch.gif

New arch & sill welded in
sillwelded.gif

New arch & sill ready for painting
OSArch.gif

N/S arch replaced
NSarch.gif

Nearside.gif

roof.gif

1bonnetapillar.gif

Nearly ready now
2bonnetapillar.gif

The end result of all my hard work & saving up like a b*****d
IMG_1986.gif

IMG_1963.gif

IMG_1965.gif

IMG_1966.gif

IMG_1968.gif

IMG_1964.gif

Enjoy, I know I do lol!

martynrg

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Great stuff!

All the saving up paid off :)

The more I see a nice MK1...the more I bl00dy want one!!

Great stuff, the valvers now mint, they are a rare breed now, it's ace !
One thing I noticed, why do you have phase 1 door mirrors on it ?

I'm loving the v6 did someone on here own it once ? Or did he get it from someone on here ? I think I recognise it.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Thanks guys :D

Great stuff, the valvers now mint, they are a rare breed now, it's ace !
One thing I noticed, why do you have phase 1 door mirrors on it ?

I'm loving the v6 did someone on here own it once ? Or did he get it from someone on here ? I think I recognise it.

Just a personal preference with the ph1 mirrors, I think they look smarter, you dont see many valvers with them on these days. I've always prefered ph1 mirrors and ph2 grill tbh

The vee used to belong to riz, my m8 picked it up 3 days after I got mine back

Got myself an F7R lump in the garage to play with:cool: high compression rebuild on throttle bodies is the next stage :rasp:

Last edited:
I did wonder about the mirrors, I prefer the phase 2's tbh as you can see more with them. Each to their own etc.