ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

finally sold my car

J55BUD

ClioSport Club Member
  172cup
hi guy's

been on there for a while now but never posted, finally managed to sell my ibiza yesterday, now on the hunt for a 172 cup.

iam going to see one tomorrow but its a cat c, i dont really have a problem with that because its not up for alot of money and i havent got loads of money to spend on one, need to pay the dredded credit cards off.

i know people have lots of different opinons on cat c/d cars and would be great if you could share them with me.

cheers

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
How cheap are we talking?

Its not so much the fact its been damaged and repaired as more the stigma thats attatched to it when your trying to sell it on!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
i dont know too much but i'd think as long as its fully repaired and is cheap enough, then the only problem you really have is selling it on.

i think i would buy one if i could insure it.

J55BUD

ClioSport Club Member
  172cup
well its upfor 2k. its on 42k with fsh, got all the mot's to back the milage up.
looks to be repaired to quite a high standard and has passed a vic check
i just cant find one like that for less then 3.5k.

pimp mobile Zafira
As long as it's been repaired to a high standard and the price is right why not. Do you know what the damage was?

J55BUD

ClioSport Club Member
  172cup
he apparently has a report that it was front bumper, bonnet,wing,and a headlight?

If it was just those things, then it wouldn't need a vic check.

well its upfor 2k. its on 42k with fsh, got all the mot's to back the milage up.
looks to be repaired to quite a high standard and has passed a vic check
i just cant find one like that for less then 3.5k.

Leave it. It's not worth that much and you'll struggle to ever sell it on.

If you're on a tight budget, look for a Ph1. You'll get a mint one for that.

pimp mobile Zafira
That damage isn't too bad. Cat c/d cars are usually worth around 25 - 30% less once repaired.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
as said. non V cars 172cups go for around the 2.5k mark. you could get a really nice ph1 172 with leather etc etc and still have money left for a few choice mods.

clio 172
take it to a body shop of your choice and get it inspected to see if its been repaired to a high standard at the end of the day font end parts are not cheep that why they might have wrote it off

Westy. MX5
I bought a Cat C Cup that had the same damage as this one and also has S/H, bills etc. The paint is not that good but bodily is ok, the engine a nd gearbox are fault free. I only use mine as a track car so was not concerned by it's history and had no problems in a year of ownership. The main point about Cat c/d cars is you buy them cheap and and you also don't expect top dollar when you come to sell. Paid £1200 for it so do a bit off bargaining with the seller.

J55BUD

ClioSport Club Member
  172cup
thanks guy's found and brought a silver 172 cup today just got back and loved every minute of it :D

picked it up for 2k with 56k on the clock, FSH,the lot

really nice car well happy

J55BUD

ClioSport Club Member
  172cup
yer love it bits ill get some pic's up today after ive clean it.

as for plans ive got more then i fort left over from paying a few things off so going to get a few prices for exhaust and cam's etc.
hopefully do a few track days in it thats what i brought it for really.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Like above. The first thing id be doing is checking to see if the belts have been done. If not, that should be top of your list. Maybe give it a good service, oil change and that. Check the brakes are alright.

You dont want to make it faster if you cant stop it.

Congrats on finding a new car though.

Sam!

J55BUD

ClioSport Club Member
  172cup
yes top of my list is the belts forgot to put that.

going to do a oil change and the pads and disc's have been replaced in the last 1000 miles.