ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally pics of my cup!

An orange one

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

nice mate :D ,

cups dont come with an engine cover, so bin it, and garb a splitter off ebay, seen a few this week. and.................silver visions, they make a hell of a difference

[Edited by gt_gaz on 18 April 2005 at 7:57pm]

An orange one

how heavy can an engine cover be?! they look so much better when they are fitted and colourcoded to the bodycolour...

does anyone know the price of a splitter from renault?

am I the only one around here that doesnt like the cars lowered, and actually prefers them sitting high on the springs?

Im just talking about the 172/182s here....

Quote: Originally posted by Brum Man on 18 April 2005

am I the only one around here that doesnt like the cars lowered, and actually prefers them sitting high on the springs?

Blasphemy!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Nope...high is best.

Weight transfer is good, and roll helps with that.

Who cares what it looks like...its how it drives that counts!

An orange one

i have no plans to lower it in the near future it handles too damn good...and renault must have made it sit that height for a reason :)

Quote: Originally posted by MarkCup on 19 April 2005

Nope...high is best.

Id bet some good money a low coilovered one goes around the corner a fair bit quicker/stable than yours.... ;)

Quote: Originally posted by ColinG on 19 April 2005

and renault must have made it sit that height for a reason :)
yeah.... cos they couldnt afford to put coilovers on it and sell it at the price it was being sold for..... ;)

and because most of the ones lowered (properly lol) wouldnt get off the forecourt without scrapige....pmsl

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Dansta on 19 April 2005

Nope...high is best.

Id bet some good money a low coilovered one goes around the corner a fair bit quicker/stable than yours.... ;)
Dont doubt that for a second...but how would they affect its behaviour at or beyond its limit?

Standard height on standard shocks makes for a forgiving, progressive car at the limit...and thats what makes them fun!

the limits have been extended so far that i dont think i coudl drive it hard enough on public roads to warrant worrying about it. On track itd be a diff matter, but spinning off wouldnt have as harsh consequences.

shut it u schlaaag.

id rather spin out on a track than on my local dual carriage way/public road...

u know what i mean b**ch... lol

An orange one

well...the way i look at it is...i love my cup to bits...i plan to keep it either 2 or 3 years by then ill be 22ish, the less i spend on it the more money i have when its evo 7/8 or clio V6 time

yeah mate im a farmer lol..20 to 5 in the mornings for me hehe

An orange one

im from dumfriesshire, the car was registered at arnold clark in glasgow february 04 and i bought it last week from a dealer in wigan, yorkshire..lol..so now its back halfway in the middle

The Beast MK4

Im on a farm too bud lol, Was in Dumfries the other day at the Crichton Campus putting PCs in. Saw a Vee and 182 in the town as well. :D

An orange one

by any chance was the V6 blue with a private plate? its the only one i can think of round this way, if so its the boss from arnold clark renault in dumfries and its his own car not company owned..he has 3 renault alpines too

not technically from dumfries..about 15 miles away near gretna

Liquid yellow R26 F1

Nope...high is best.

Here Here......!!! Id hate to try and trow a lowered car down a fast bumpy B road... as the car need to be supple to absorb the bump therefore able to carry much more speed, rather than bouncing into a field.. But if its for track work, then thats a different matter..

[Edited by James Bushell on 20 April 2005 at 2:59pm]