ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally picked up an RS!

2007 Clio 197
Hello everyone!

I used to be on here a fair bit back in the day. Mostly reading more than posting.

When I got my first car (A clio mk2 ph2 1.2 16v) I used these forums a lot to keep it running and do a few modifications to the car.

After graduating, I was in need of a more reliable car (The clio's engine was on it's last legs.) so I went and picked myself up a new Megane DCI due to mileage ect.

Now where it's a lovely car, It just lacks the fun the clio's had. So I swore I would eventually get myself another clio.

Roll on 2 years and a friend of mines announces he's selling his RS197 to move to Australia for a few years.....

So, having funds available, I snatched it up!

And here it is!

3AMUqU.jpg

UN5kBG.jpg

Yv9lp4.jpg

Im very happy with it. A few little bits and bobs needing work done to. But all in all, a project I am very excited for.

I aim to attend a few of the meet ups this time around also as well as being much more active on the forum!

Clio 182 - RB
Very nice. Although, i dislike it when people buy a 197 without Recaros, really bugs me [emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007 Clio 197
I'm happy with the seats that are in it for now.

Recaro's will probably be fitted in future.

I got it for a good price considering the amount of work that's been put into it, so im not too bothered.

It's had a new rs200 gearbox + clutch fitted along with new break pads, discs etc as well as a stainless manifold and exhaust system (Scorpion I believe)

2007 Clio 197
Thank's guys.

I took it out for a decent drive today (About 120 miles) and have identified a few issues that I want to work out.

Firstly, I have noticed the clutch pedal has a bit of left to right movement. Is this normal??

2007 Clio 197
Thanks Guys.

After driving it a bit i've found one or two little.... Annoyances that I am planning on fixing. So will get a project log going for it....

I said "I'm going to leave it alone...."

That was 4 days ago.