ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally in an RS, my new Cup

172 Cup
Hello all, I am pretty new to this forum so thought I would share some pictures of my recently accquired 172 Cup.

I had been searching for one for a few months and last weekend found this one, bought from another cliosport member. I am absolutely made up with it, i am aware it is no supercar or exotica for that matter, but i feel it has enough power/handling for my needs, UK roads and the odd track day.

All I have done since the purchase is grin, it just wants you to keep the loud peddle to the floor and once it gets to 5k rpm it just seems to find some magic.

I know the pictures are not great, in fact they are pretty awful, but I only have my camera phone. But anyway here it is, and I would love it if other Cup owners would post up pics/videos of their Cups :cool:

sc3q4j.jpg
bhj5z.jpg
j11t8x.jpg

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
welcome, nice car, hope you enjoy it.

but more pics of the mrs required tbh.

172 Cup
Yeah I though I hadn't seem them on any Cups before, they look factory fitted though :S

As for the girlfriend pics, I will see what I can do :p

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
looks good mate, as said weird to see the mudflaps on them.

u will love the cup best 172:)

172 Cup
So what are peoples opinions on the mud flaps, should they stay? Don't think they look too gash IMO.

Yeah I hope the Cup is the best, I think the missus would have prefered the 172 (Leather, aircon etc), but luckily I am not under the thumb enough to care ;)

So what are peoples opinions on the mud flaps, should they stay? Don't think they look too gash IMO.

Yeah I hope the Cup is the best, I think the missus would have prefered the 172 (Leather, aircon etc), but luckily I am not under the thumb enough to care ;)

I'd lose the mud flaps to be honest, not to sure what it is but they don't look right. Only my opinion obviously ;)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
for some reason i think you should keep them on the front for a little bit until you get it lowered....if you're thinking of that ofcourse,

but definately take them off the rear, looks out of place on a sport, more suited to lower spec models

I find that clios dont seam to suffer from stone chips on the bottom half of the sides so they dont seem to serve much purpose...i could be wrong though

Looks like its in good condition, try and keep it that way :)

172 Cup
It will definately be going lower, but no coilies as this is my daily driver, plus I am not exactly flush :(

Well I think I will look at removing the mud flaps tomorrow and see how it sits.

Bit random this, but has anyone got any videos of a Cup going round Oultun park, I have been searching the media section with no luck.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I miss my Turinis, 172 Cups look lovely like that, all nice and original...sniff.

Can't help with an Outlon video, the only time I dragged myself up there the day was snowed off :(