ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

finally got some pics

clioresized2.jpg

clioresized3.jpg

clioresized4.jpg

finally got the DSLR out and got some pics while it was nice weather.
got a k and n filter on, new back box on it, and restored all trim and bumpers, aswell as some love hearts over the rear view mirror ;)

what else does anyone recommend?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
new bonnet n a respray in the same colour if you like it in that colour, lower it abit (scrap that) lower it ALOT n put some turbines on it clear side repeaters

Tidy little first car that, I would just stick with the alloys you've got maybe lower it and leave it at that. If your desperate from more speed you could strip it but I doubt you would shed much from a mk1.
You could do all sorts of things like valver wings and bonnets but personally I would just use it as an NCB builder, should still be fun lowered on some decent rubber.

ITB'd 182...
new bonnet n a respray in the same colour if you like it in that colour, lower it abit (scrap that) lower it ALOT n put some turbines on it clear side repeaters

+1

but if i was you id sell the dslr and spend it on the car

im getting 40 mil springs on the front and taking the torsion bar to 2 soon, and next week the smoothed bonnet is coming, (hopefully, depending on how much my petrol funds is drained by it) and a grill is going in tomorrow hopefully, its all hopes at the moment,

and its not bad for a 500 quid car really is it? :)

Just ignore the comments, i would much rather drive that than a car bought for me by mummy and daddy. Its hardly a shed, looks quite tidy and the oem alloys set it off well. My first car was a H reg 1.0 Polo, everyones got to start somewhere.

BB TUNED 182 (220BHP)
Very tidy example and a good first car mate,

I like the lowering and turbines idea and maybe a colour code but as you say its all money.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
yea exactly ignore the harsh comments i know what its like to be a stood lol

cheers for the support mate :) i mean this is my first car, im not gonna go and buy a supercar am i, i mean thats a little over the top i know but it gets the idea across.

BMW E92/Audi S3
cheers for the support mate :) i mean this is my first car, im not gonna go and buy a supercar am i, i mean thats a little over the top i know but it gets the idea across.

Exactly, fair play for making the effort. Turbines, Slam it and colour code sounds wicked ;)

i can get mechanic jobs done for the cost of the parts, my girlfriends dad is a mechanic so all jobs are done for free, ive got a mate who has a clio same as mine and can get me cheap parts (the bonnet and springs, also got me the backbox)
i could do with a respray, few key scratches and stuff from some people who cant keep there hands to themselves :/

Shed.
Alrite Son didnt expect to see you on here.

Cars looking good !

Ignore the comments people give you there are some shithead members, most are pretty cool and helpful. lots of stuff you can do with it tho, im sure you could source a cheap 1.8 16v engine somewhere, valver bonnet etc etc. new rsi seats or valver seats, steering wheel and dash. etc

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
f**k YOU JB! COME ON LET'S GET A "HATE JB" CREW STARTED!

:D

End of the day mate, as long as you're happy with the car that's all that matters.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
my mate shes just bought a Ka n its got cateraxe in one headlight n its all different blues lol that was 1200 lol she should of just pulled her skirt up tbh lol

alright mike :) aint seen you in ages, il come to hull sometime soon in it, probs this summer, could do with some flowers for the lass on the cheap yeah? haha

Turbines + lowered will be a good shout, and if you buy the parts secondhand you can generally sell them on for what you paid for them when you come to sell the car.

BMW E92/Audi S3

End of the day mate, as long as you're happy with the car that's all that matters.

Got any pics of it?:rasp:

Also, if i had a MK1, i'd slam it as low as the torsion bar lets you.. just keep it practical at the same time though ;)

mk4 golf gttdi180
4 is nice they have good clearance in mk1s my first car was a m k1 loved its looks very coll but unfortunatly couldnt afford the insurance as it was a 1.4 so had to sell and get a 1.2 mk2 phs 1 didnt like those looks as much

nice dark green though.

youll be able to practise working on cars as it your first car aswell and easy to work on

enjoy driving:)

M

mini-valver

Get some second hand springs, cheap set of turbines and some half decent tyres then just enjoy it for what it is mate! Tidy first car, ignore all the haters.

BMW E92/Audi S3
Sounds good. Dont go OTT on it unless you know your going to stick with it for years.

Nicely said ;)

Static Low

You know the score Merkishhh.
JB FTL!

nice wee car mate.
ust go along with the things people are saying, some worthwhile ideas / mods for the car :approve:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
are K&N air filters supposd to sit like that on the mk 1 engines ? looks abit "odd" to me...

Good first car though - alot better than my N reg fiesta beemer :D

black/gold 182
Tidy little first car that, I would just stick with the alloys you've got maybe lower it and leave it at that. If your desperate from more speed you could strip it but I doubt you would shed much from a mk1.
You could do all sorts of things like valver wings and bonnets but personally I would just use it as an NCB builder, should still be fun lowered on some decent rubber.
spot on :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Reminds me of my first car, nice one:D

Lowered on turbines is a great shout, simple and effective! I wouldn't even think about a respray etc, with being a first car an' all.

RT body coloured front/rear bumpers?