ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, X-Box)

Audi TT 225 Quattro
does'nt sound good does it lol let just hope they get back on track with 14.....

1.8 Civic EX
Heh. Taken from /v/:

>The reduced size of FFXIII can easily be explained by more aggressive compression in the game's large array of CGI cut-scenes. Of the total 39.4GB that makes up the Japanese FFXIII on PS3, a quick look at the file structure on the Blu-ray disc suggests that a whopping 32.6GB of it is dedicated entirely to the video sequences, leaving just 6.8GB for the actual gameplay.

Final Fantasy 13 has 7gigs of actual gameplay with 32gigs of video.

FINAL FANTASY 13 in a nutshell

-No towns/cities
-No overworld
-NO Mini-games
-No transportation (air ship/boat/car)
-No FF victory fanfare
-No money is earned, you barter like in Xenosaga 2
-Carbon-copy of FFX's Sphere Grid system
-Only 6 "jobs" to choose from
-EXTREMELY linear dungeon design
-AI controlled party members
-Traditional sidequests and optional dungeons are gone, only monster hunting post-game quests
-Streamline combat for casuals (control only 1 party member for starter)
-Butchered steampunk designed summons
-No Magic outside of battle
-Magic and Attack are the same in battle, no MP bar.

that's really put me off buying it now! lol

maybe I'll just wait till it hits the bargain bin (which won't be too long if the above is correct!)

Golf R soon...
I'm deliberately not reading reviews so that it doesn't spoil the game...I'm keep my opinion for when I have played it.

Evo 8 MR
Heh. Taken from /v/:

>The reduced size of FFXIII can easily be explained by more aggressive compression in the game's large array of CGI cut-scenes. Of the total 39.4GB that makes up the Japanese FFXIII on PS3, a quick look at the file structure on the Blu-ray disc suggests that a whopping 32.6GB of it is dedicated entirely to the video sequences, leaving just 6.8GB for the actual gameplay.

Final Fantasy 13 has 7gigs of actual gameplay with 32gigs of video.

FINAL FANTASY 13 in a nutshell

-No towns/cities
-No overworld
-NO Mini-games
-No transportation (air ship/boat/car)
-No FF victory fanfare
-No money is earned, you barter like in Xenosaga 2
-Carbon-copy of FFX's Sphere Grid system
-Only 6 "jobs" to choose from
-EXTREMELY linear dungeon design
-AI controlled party members
-Traditional sidequests and optional dungeons are gone, only monster hunting post-game quests
-Streamline combat for casuals (control only 1 party member for starter)
-Butchered steampunk designed summons
-No Magic outside of battle
-Magic and Attack are the same in battle, no MP bar.

This is what you get when developers decide to go multiplatform. pfft, if I don't like it it'll be on ebay for £25 buy it now within a week, keep an eye out CS'ers who want it cheap, special edition too.

What's the multiplatform got to do with it?

If they wanted more cutscenes etc could they not have made the game over two discs on PS3 and 4 on Xbox, just like they did on PS1!

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
I know the reviews aren't that great and that it's quite a different game to the previous ones, but I'm still really tempted to get this.

Fiesta ST-2
So basically you have no freedom and your game save will be no different to everyone else's... I'll still get it, but unless the next one is a remake of FF7 or uses the FF7 story. Maybe Sephiroth's childhood and joining SOLDIER or whatever, then I wont be buying another one.

Nissan 350z
... but unless the next one is a remake of FF7 or uses the FF7 story. Maybe Sephiroth's childhood and joining SOLDIER or whatever, then I wont be buying another one.

They have already done that. The PSP got a game called "Final Fantasy: Crysis Core" which was exactly that.

The last Final Fantasy game i actually enjoyed was the Last Remnant on the PC through Steam. I'll wait for this one to flop before grabbing a cheap copy off Ebay to see for myself.

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
I cancelled my preorder from the hut and reordered it from them :p They currently have a 10% off all 360 games today so it took the price down to £31.44

Fiesta ST-2
They have already done that. The PSP got a game called "Final Fantasy: Crysis Core" which was exactly that.

The last Final Fantasy game i actually enjoyed was the Last Remnant on the PC through Steam. I'll wait for this one to flop before grabbing a cheap copy off Ebay to see for myself.

Yeah I've completed it. I want something earlier back and to play as sephiroth:dapprove:

Astra Bertone Coupe
Duno wether or not to get this now after reading that they've butchered all the things that made all the other FF's great.

Golf R soon...
Oh lol I thought it was out already... Wondered why it was quite in here...

Officially released tomorrow. Why are games released on a Tuesday now? Random.

My copy has been in the post since Thursday so hopefully I will get it tomorrow, have a my first go in the evening after work.

I have high hopes for this game!

Evo 8 MR
It's a simultaneous release with America who always release new games on a Tuesday.

Saying that mine isn't here yet and the daily post has arrived.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
asda are selling it for £34.71 , offer last until Thursday night. shame as im getting paid on Friday and won't be able to pick it up till then when it will probably be £40

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
Mine still isn't here yet :( And I'm still waiting for a headset that was apparently despatched last week.

Evo 8 MR
Mine still isn't here yet :( And I'm still waiting for a headset that was apparently despatched last week.

Preorder it from GAME by any chance?

Same here, if it hasn't arrived by 12pm tomorrow I'll be on the phone.

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
Preorder it from GAME by any chance?

Same here, if it hasn't arrived by 12pm tomorrow I'll be on the phone.

no I preordered it from the hut. They're usually really good with preorders so it's probably just the postal service as usual.

I was really looking forward to playing it today as well :(

Astra Twintop
I meant more on the gameplay/storyline etc ;)!

Im not spoiling it :)

Altho i do have the limited edition guide book here.

Its like a effing encyclopedia!

210,000 copies worldwide.

My copy number is 82k something!

Evo 8 MR
No it's not online.

Please don't post spoilers bodge as my copy STILL isn't here.

I am officially not pre-ordering anything from GAME ever again!

£60 spent on the special edition aswell, c***s.

1.8 Civic EX
tbh after watching the review over on Gametrailers.com I very much doubt I'll bother with this game now. Was gonna wait till it hit the bargain bin but now I think I'm gonna pass alltogether...

graphically it looks very nice but thats about it, rest looks a bit pap to me....big let down!