ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Final Fantasy XII

Punto/Clio GTT
not long to go!!! had mine pre ordered before christmas, it will be here in next couple of days. anyone imported and played it yet? im excited, aint been this excited since i opened FF7 christmas day years ago woooo

Golf R soon...
not long to go!!! had mine pre ordered before christmas, it will be here in next couple of days. anyone imported and played it yet? im excited, aint been this excited since i opened FF7 christmas day years ago woooo

I still don't think it will come close to FF7!

Should be a good game none the less though! I'll head into town on Friday and buy it I think!

Since I got my 32" LCD TV all my ps2 games look poo! lol! Might have to drag out the old CRT to play this one!

Daz

Punto/Clio GTT
dont think its online, but dont quote me on that.

11 was terrible, i went out n bought it and both expansions for like £60 off ebay, played it a week and it felt nothing like a final fantasy, didnt play it again.

n yea daz, i dont think any game will come close to ff7

FF X is a close second to VII, stunning visuals when it came out and using the monster arena to max the characters stats out was fun, as was using Yojimbo to cut Penance in half on the first move was quite amusing. Those were the days, managed to get a degree at the same time.

Punto/Clio GTT
aint really got into it yet, played it for few hours for couple of nights but it seems weird.

there aint nomore random battles, the enemies you can see and you go fight them. you get bountys n have to go kill something for whoever offered the bounty.

the graphics are good as usual, nothing amazing, fmv is spectacular as always, gameplay just seems weird. ide rent it before you buy it.

one thing i really dont like is you cant use D pad, you have to use both analogue sticks to move and look around, takes a while to get used to

Mk2 Golf GTI
Might try to rent it then. To be honest every game i've picked up recently i've gotten bored of very quickly ie God Of war, Ico, Prince of Persia etc

Last game i completed and actually couldn't stop playing was Resi Evil 4

Golf GTD
maybe its becuase im not playing it solidly, but i just find it much harder to grasp than any of the other ff12s.

im playing the US version, so maybe it has poor translation?

Golf R soon...
That store isn't bad but the battles are not the same. I like my random battle system. Bring back FF7's system.

Usually with Final Fantasy series games I can't put the controller down but this one I haven't played for days.

Mk2 Golf GTI
Hmm, think i'm gona replay VII to be honest! And i never actually completed X because i got a little bored with it so can't see me sticking with XII.

Punto/Clio GTT
Usually with Final Fantasy series games I can't put the controller down but this one I haven't played for days.

im exactly the same, with ff7 i can play it for 10 hours solid or something silly, with this one it just dont seem involved, it dont look like im achieving anything, aint really gave it chance so dont wanna run it down too much

Punto/Clio GTT
Hmm, think i'm gona replay VII to be honest! And i never actually completed X because i got a little bored with it so can't see me sticking with XII.

my gf said to me the other day she bought me a present, pulled out ff7 for the pc, mint condition, all booklets mint, discs mint, said shed got it from charity shop for 50 pence lol

None
Thought i might revive this thread a little as i'm just playing FF12 again after a long break, am i the only one who prefers the new battle system?, i didn't play FF7 but i did finish FF10 and i much prefer this way of fighting but i must be alone as i think for FF13 next year they are going back to the random battle way of doing things.......oh well!