ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Filter.

MK3, RX450H.
Hmm. The original panel filter's ffffuucked and Renault, despite it being under warranty blame everything on the exhaust.

MK3, RX450H.
I got told the reason they aren't replacing the panel filter is because I have had a cat back exhaust system on it. Think they're only around £35 for a decent one. Just thought I'd ask whether it will generally knacker my engine or what not.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Some people on here:S

Stop being tight it's only 30 odd quid for a K&N panel, or you could get a halfrauds one for around £5

MK3, RX450H.
Some people on here:S

Stop being tight it's only 30 odd quid for a K&N panel, or you could get a halfrauds one for around £5

Don't think I'm being tight really. If you read a little closer my friend you will be able to see that I said "There ONLY around £35" Therefor making it quite obvious the price doesn't bother me.

Yeah I know about it's supposed to be a service item thingyy. It's been in for a service twice. When it came back the first time they said they had changed it, whereas I didn't think so. So the next time I drew a black line on it, got it back from being serviced, and they've said that they've changed it, whereas I still have the black line. I rung them up and they still are adamant it's been changed..

Don't ring them up. Go down there and explain to them. If they still deny all knowledge kick up one hell of a fuss. Modifications have f**k all effect on them carrying out a service that you've payed for them to do.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I know about it's supposed to be a service item thingyy. It's been in for a service twice. When it came back the first time they said they had changed it, whereas I didn't think so. So the next time I drew a black line on it, got it back from being serviced, and they've said that they've changed it, whereas I still have the black line. I rung them up and they still are adamant it's been changed..

Ring renault uk and raise the issue.

If they say they have changed but they haven't, and you have proof then it needs sorting.

This has nothing to do with the exhaust, this is about them not doing what they say they are doing.

MK3, RX450H.
Cheers folks.

Put a tight on to stop rubbish getting in for the time being. Sounds quite nice as well haha. Cheers again.

Cheers folks.

Put a tight on to stop rubbish getting in for the time being. Sounds quite nice as well haha. Cheers again.

FLOL! Take that off of there! The stocking thing was a joke relating to another thread where someone did that and it got sucked into the engine!

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Just pop down to halfrauds mate, that will do you until you get something else.

I wouldn't recommend driving it atm if you've got no filter