ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fifa 12

I love Lamp
LOL at online xD

2mins a half games ftw

Fifa demos are from a buggy build months back anyways :( The full game is quite different normally.. I'll still download it though, get some games in before my hols:)

BG182®
Seems the Fifa 12 demo has haulted Xbox LIVE! Just went to download them demo and can't connect. Had a browse on the Xbox forums and seems LIVE is down for 80% of users.

If your getting an MTU error when testing your connection, don't worry it's not your router. It's LIVE. They say it should be back up in a couple of hours but saying that, Sony said that about the PS3...

LY 182
Had a couple goes on the demo earlier. I'm proper s**t. Never played Fifa enough to get a proper feel of it.

Seems pretty good though I'll have a few more games later.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Have they changed all the buttons or something? ^

EA, I am dissapoint.

Defending has been changed quite a lot

Can't just hold A now to get close.. it tends to back away. If you press B, the player sticks his leg out to tackle regardless of how the player with the ball is. Just need to jockey a lot more tbh

21 Turbo
Feckin PS3....my son has been playing the demo for what feels like ages tonight cos he got 360 in his room and I'm sat by the PS3 like a numpty

Why should the fat clumsy controller club get it before us lol

Si

RS Clio 172
thank fook.

have you done rb + pass yet for a fun times pass :D

This is awesome. one of my controllers has a sticky RB, was doing it every pass haha.

Loving the demo so far. Crossing is improved, running with the ball and general control seems better and defensing actually takes a bit of skill now.

Not sure on the shooting just yet. Finese shots seem the same, but normal shots seem weak unless you're in loads of space and perfectly balanced.

Loving the camera angles too. Seems like much more of the pitch is in view.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Found it hard to get used to, but i'm getting there.
Scored a few crackers, but also conceded a few due to not being used to the defending, always go to hold B and then remember it's now RB, FML.

I can't remember the last time I lost a game of Fifa against a mate so I best start practicing.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I don't understand how people are struggling to defend, or get to grips with the new system. The tutorial makes it pretty obvious and IMO, simple. If the ball is close to your defenders leg while the opposition has it, press the A button (or whatever it is). Simples. If you're not in the right area, he'll stick his leg out and won't connect with the ball. So you try again or just press the B button to slide and hack them down. Then you've got X to pull and shoulder barge and holding the triggers or A down will contain the opposition player.

I haven't found it difficult at all. I'm maybe doing something wrong by doing it right... :clown:

If all else fails, simply switch back to Legacy Defending in the settings, which is the same as Fifa 11. Obviously ranked online matches have a mandatory Tactical Defending setting, though.

As for the game itself, I'm enjoying it. I'm playing on World Class, as a few folk have claimed that's the best setting for playing the AI, as they will tend to make mistakes whereas on Legendary they will do everything almost perfectly. I've definitely noticed the opposition giving the ball away and knocking it out of play on a few occasions. Very refreshing.

It certainly seems more difficult trying to keep possession and working space to strike the ball. Well, I say that, but the AI do give you room to work. It's getting into shooting positions and getting the shot away that I'm finding harder. Infact, the only goals I've score in the games I played were from a corner with a header, and playing a lovely chipped through ball in behind the defence, which Aguero ran onto, holding off the chasing defender, before drilling it low into the bottom corner. I like the strength thing, too. I could power forward with Yaya Toure and once he picks up pace he's really difficult to stop. Ibrahimovic is great for Milan, too. Very strong on the ball and if you use precision dribbling you can hold off the opposition players. Didn't like playing as City but was just keen to use their attacking qualities. Gotze and Barrios are lethal for Dortmund. Got stung a few times playing them.

Can't wait to play as Spurs, though. For me, that seperates a good demo from a great game. Fifa 11 demo was decent enough, but finally getting the full game with all the features unlocked seems to open up a whole new world. Much better, so that's what I'm looking forward to more than anything.

As it stands though, very pleased at the moment.

LY 182
For me I'm just not used to the recent Fifa's. I got Fifa 11 but only played a couple games as I was too busy on CoD.

Need to keep cracking on with the demo then will probably buy it.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I started to read what you wrote Scutching. Then gave up. f**k that.

LOL. Same.

I always seem to ignore long posts when reading on my iphone, but if it's just via the PC, it always looks much shorter.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I started out playing on Professional, and even at that level, the AI actually knows how to score this year!

Anything below World Class on Fifa 11 and the opposing strikers tend to just walk up to the keeper to give him the ball

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I started out playing on Professional, and even at that level, the AI actually knows how to score this year!

Anything below World Class on Fifa 11 and the opposing strikers tend to just walk up to the keeper to give him the ball

Yup. It's definitely stepped up a level. The demo is also 2 builds behind the final release.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Have you noticed that you can actually use the f**king power bar finally? No more having to use half the bar to put a decent shot in (or it balloons into space)