ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fifa 12

First batch of info is starting to come through:

fifa_12_screen.jpg

Despite huge critical celebration of FIFA 11, EA Canada producer (and Brit ex-pat) David Rutter has promised that the studio isn't resting on its laurels for the next game in the series.

The producer told the latest issue of OPM UK that EA has an "enormous shopping list" of improvements it wishes to make in its new game - and specified a few areas that the studio's already working on.

"I think we did a great job with the Personality Plus feature [in FIFA 11," he said, "but the the teams [AI] doesn't support that quite as much as it should.

"As an example, a team doesn't spot that if Peter Crouch in the area, they can lay a load of high balls onto his head."

Rutter also revealed that set pieces are getting a complete overhaul, and that EA isn't happy with interruptive in-game loading screens.

"Set-pieces are still a bit lame," he candidly admitted. "I get frustrated by not being able to do quick throw-ins, not being able to quickly select my free-kick takers, on the fly stuff. We're somewhat last-gen in the way the game cuts [before those things]."

Rutter also commented on where the FIFA series is headed in more thematic terms - addressing the developer's wish to add more "soul" into proceedings.

"Those moments where you take one [player] tp his old club and the boo boys come out, or his old team are more aggressive in the tackle towards him. SO you think: 'Wow! FIFA understands not just the game of football, but the sport and passion behind it'."

I love Lamp
Would be good to get quick throw ins sorted and the changing of set piece takers is annoying, hope they make crossing or heading harder, or goalkeepers better from crosses as its too easy to score from them on 11.

21 Turbo
They need to rectify the penalties back to FIFA 10 standard.......the current ones are awful. Ive had some great games online lately go to extra time and finding most people inc myself want to select 'Extra Time Only' cos of the awful penalties.

I'd also like to see a forward win a header when jumping with the keeper........at the min the keeper has a 100% win ratio

Si

RS Clio 172
The penalties are only s**t if you don't know how to take them. No way I want to go back to the old style which was a dead cert goal every time.

Exactly. Penalties actually require a bit of thought now. Not just bang and goal.

The need to sort crosses. That's the worst part of the game.

Si

RS Clio 172
It used to be the easiest way to score. Fifa 09 was just about banging crosses in. Now they're just a fluke. HATE how they cut them back all the time.

I love Lamp
Headers are too easy to score on this one though, if you get your head on a cross it's going in even if you are around the penalty spot, keepers don't react till its past them pretty much. Simplest way to get a goal on clubs is bomb it down the wing and loop a ball over.

Penalties require skill but they need to sort out how they host matches as they are pretty pointless when you are trying to stop the composure bar and it's lagging like a biatch. Offline they are great.

Si

RS Clio 172
No recollection. I remember you force feeding me bugers though, you sick f**k.

I remember you having a tantrum and refusing to collect my wheels if you didn't get a 1/4 pounder. I was considerate.

Also, it's rude to be ungrateful regarding free food.

JJ, I would say sorry for spamming your thread, but I'm not sorry :D

DCi
Crosses are easy but I have top bloke AC9

I've found it's quite easy to overhit a cross to the back post so I play 4-3-3 with Top Bloke as the left winger... As soon as you get a throw in up their end, Glen Johnson has the crossing attribute thing so a 1-2 with him and you're sorted!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Haven't got time to watch that vid at the mo, but does it show off the impact part of the engine?

Some of the collisions are immense

F56 MINI Cooper S
i wont be buying because my xbox is broke, 3 red circles going round it every time i turn it on, and its not going away stupid peice of s**t thing even leaving it a day or two

This should be so good, career mode needs a lot of work, the transfers piss me off so much! Also like everyone is saying, crossing is so hit and miss! Great when they work, awful the rest of the time!

F56 MINI Cooper S
bought a brand new xbox 360 black one, and now it wont play fifa 11 keeps saying cannot read the disk? one problem after another with these 360s

F56 MINI Cooper S
annoys me because i had the same problem with fifa 10, i think i will try and blagg it at tesco see if they give me another one