ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fiddlers Ferry & Mini Meet

using D40, 30 sec exposure on most of them, between 6-9pm the other night....something else isnt set right as alot of the pics are grainy :(

anyway a few at fiddlers ferry power station:

DSC_0461.jpg

DSC_0463.jpg

DSC_0467.jpg

DSC_0474.jpg

DSC_0475.jpg

DSC_0476.jpg

and a few on a small industrial estate:

DSC_0481.jpg

DSC_0487.jpg

DSC_0489.jpg

DSC_0500.jpg

RS 172
Very good, but it looks like you may have the ISO setting too high. That will make the sensors absorb more light, but will add bad grain.

Best to stick the ISO as low as possible and rely on exposure lengths to get light. Best investment is a remote shutter release. Then you can stick the D series cameras onto 'bulb' exposure and have unlimited exposure times.

Good shots though :D.

RS 172
I always leave my D80 on ISO100. Find it gives the sharpest images. I also always shoot in RAW, which gives you lots of control over the image in Photoshop afterwards.

ah right cool.....after the first few pics started to get a black dot on the bottom left quarter of the images, nothing on the lens either........ has a bit of dirt got on the sensor do you think? :(

RS 172
Might be. Dust can be a problem on the sensors. The Canon's have a self cleaning function on the sensors to shake off any dirt, but with the Nikons I think you just have to whip the lense off and blow/wipe the dust of with a sensor cleaner.

E60 diesel powah
Newton fairy taking over the warrington sceneries lol.

Where was my call eh?! whos was the silver 182?

Nice pics

i like that zetec-s for some strange reason lol

yeah its pretty nice, needs some tyre shine though!!

Might be. Dust can be a problem on the sensors. The Canon's have a self cleaning function on the sensors to shake off any dirt, but with the Nikons I think you just have to whip the lense off and blow/wipe the dust of with a sensor cleaner.

ah right i see, il have a look tommorow cheers!!

Newton fairy taking over the warrington sceneries lol.

Where was my call eh?! whos was the silver 182?

Nice pics

yes ayeeee...... its nicks silver 182, Chunky85 on here

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I love what it's done with the steam coming out of the cooling towers with such a long exposure :)

Dan

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Night shots rarely work...But good effort. A hell of alot better than what i'd manage.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Nice pics, but hate it with a pashion when any angle other than flat is used, f***s me up.

believe it or not, the backs on so called 'custom springs' that were meant to take it 20-30mm lower than my FK springs.....but its gone higher, fu*king stupidness......

bumpstrips im STILL waiting on them, as i am with the new back bumper and colorcoded handles :(

nah no platforms at all, spring sitting directly on the axle, and its still higher...

...i was so pissed off in fact, ive just taken them off and put my old FK ones back on, like 15-20mm lower now!

Titanium 182 & 306 Diesel
might be up for that as I'm not far from use - Just got my Carbon Splitter and Simota induction kit on order then I'l be out and about.

Think I have seen chunky85 out in widnes?

Nimbus Megane R26
Foxy gimme a shout on pm when your next goin to the power station and ill pop down, im only 2 min away. Got the miltek on now so need a few pics :rasp: