ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FIA cut off switch wiring

911 GT3, 320i, M3
Looking to fit an FIA cut off switch just wondering if there is a guide anywhere.

Think I'll be ok cutting the main feed, but where do people tend to wire in the secondary part of the switch to stop it running off of the alternator?

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Mines runs from battery to a mega fuse then to the kill switch then to a junction box in the engine bay. It's also wired in to the ignition to kill that when switched.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I'd also love to know this. Got a couple to put in the cup but haven't found the right pics to show me where to wire into the ignition too.

You need to cut power to the ignition/coil when it's turned off.

Also you need to wire a resistor to ground from the alternator side when the switch is turned off to protect the alternator. Needs to be a high power low ohm resistor like a 3 ohm 11w as pictured.

This diagram should help:-

View attachment 020_011.jpg

911 GT3, 320i, M3
Cheers, It was where the best place to cut the ignition that I was after.

On the E36 compact I built most people tended to cut the power to the ECU as that effectively achieved the same same thing