ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few shots with my new 24-70 F2.8 Sigma

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Was at my sisters wedding this weekend and had a good chance to play with my new lens, really impressed with it so far, VERY good value for money. C&C welcome.

5023793039_8bbe262c4e.jpg

Delicious by Stickars, on Flickr

5023792479_f62f685267.jpg

Me & The Mrs by Stickars, on Flickr

5023791585_442db4919e.jpg

Couple Portrait by Stickars, on Flickr

5023790313_42c481f15f.jpg

Whitewell by Stickars, on Flickr

5024399150_f49a07034f.jpg

Beautiful Shrubbery by Stickars, on Flickr

5024398740_6b8c9ea647.jpg

The Mrs & Maddie by Stickars, on Flickr

5023789119_4a97732b8d.jpg

Me Fly Fishing by Stickars, on Flickr

Sam :)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Very nice, the freckled couple is abit overexposed.

How much was the lens?

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
£200. I thought the bright background gave it a nice effect, the detail in the face is very clear. You can count my freckles.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Is there a nikon equivilent of this lense? (or one that does a similar job). I really really need a wide angle lense but is also flexible enough to take closer shots. f2.8 is plenty DOF also so sounds ideal for me!

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
It isnt very wide, but, when at the wedding, I never felt restricted by it. I have the Sigma 10-20mm too incase I need anything super wide.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Your lense set up seems far more practical than mine. All I have is a 35mm Prime :( Probably why I don't use the camera as much as I could tbh as I feel it can be very limiting. On the other hand it can be a cracking lense given the right situation. How do you rate the sigma jobbies?

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Built like a tank, both of them. Very impressive. The 24-70 is a little soft towards the 65mm ish end, but that is the case with most lens'

Next lens' will be a 50mm F1.4 and something with mega reach.

There's a Tamron 17-50mm f2.8, Boooooshy. It's a cracker.

I didn't think anyone could look younger than Ben without being at school! Lol.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
LOL, baby face. Wouldnt think I was 21, should see me when my hairs shorter, look like ive just fallen out of my mother.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
There's a Tamron 17-50mm f2.8, Boooooshy. It's a cracker.

I didn't think anyone could look younger than Ben without being at school! Lol.

Thank you Dan I will have a look for one. My only issue is i'd have to sell my 35mm to fund one. Worthy trade?

Mas, apologies for slightly stealing your thread :eek:

Mental 172 Cup
Is there a nikon equivilent of this lense? (or one that does a similar job). I really really need a wide angle lense but is also flexible enough to take closer shots. f2.8 is plenty DOF also so sounds ideal for me!

This lens comes in nikon form aswell but 600+ extra for the name! :) I looked into getting this but I am now looking at upgrading my body first then I'll buy more lenses! :)

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Had a good chance to play with this whilst on holiday in turkey, will post up some piccies in a bit.

Cupra
Looking good. I am borrowing the canon equivalent this weekend and am curious to see how it goes.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
I am after something with a bit more range next, been looking at the 70-200 F2.8 to get, few up for sale on talkphotography.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Liking the Sigma ones at the minute, I think the build and feel of them is very good for the price. This 24-70 is like a tank