ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few pics of my turbo'd cup

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Ah cool,i have been thinking if you can get coloured sear belts as would look good with the cup & that i need to change the passenger side belt anyway to.

How much of a job is it to change the belts mate? @BoostedSi
It's not too bad tbh. If your keeping the standard seats I'm not sure whether the belt buckle will fit in the standard clasp but I could check for you. It comes with 7/16th bolts which fit the upper section fine but I had to destroy the original belts as I needed the bracket for the part that sits inside the B pillar. I used M12 x25mm nuts and bolts for this. The bracket is used to connect the inertia reel to the body of the car and the bracket then fits to the bottom of the body of the car via another black bolt (I reused the standard ones).

Most of the time used was actually sourcing nuts, bolts and spacers of the right sizes. I'm on first name terms with my local Screwfix guy ha ha

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
On a positive note my replacement momo horn push has arrived so I can put my custom centre cap back in place after the previous one broke:

IMG_0540.JPG

Clio 172 PH2
That's lovely! and sleeper, must be quite quick dare i say as fast as say a Mk2 Focus RS? because of the weight?

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
That's lovely! and sleeper, must be quite quick dare i say as fast as say a Mk2 Focus RS? because of the weight?
Thanks mate. Yes it goes well. I'd say it's in that performance bracket yes if not a little quicker as I've had a play with a few RS focus's and pulled away from all of them. A mildly tuned one would be a different story I'd imagine. :smile:

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Few bits have come today so thought I'd post up. Retrimmed boot carpet and new leather gear gaiter to match the seats. Have put some anodised washer holes in so I can put a bootnet in:

IMG_0601.JPG
IMG_0604.JPG
IMG_0607.JPG

Have also sprayed the bolts and bootnet hooks in mondial blue so just need to wait till morning to fit it all up. Then full Clubsport spec interior is finished:

IMG_0608.JPG
IMG_0609.JPG

Next to do is suspension. BC Racing coilovers, camber bolts, full OEM bushes, wishbones etc, rear ARB and already got @NorthloopCup roll centre hubs to fit.

Car really starting to come together now. Love driving it, an absolute event every time and laugh out loud fast. After suspension will be diff and brakes then more lightness with fibreglass bonnet, boot etc.

Anyway....comments always welcome. Will be attending Cars and Coffee at Redditch on Sunday if any West Mids guys fancy coming down.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Few bits have come today so thought I'd post up. Retrimmed boot carpet and new leather gear gaiter to match the seats. Have put some anodised washer holes in so I can put a bootnet in:

View attachment 187184 View attachment 187185 View attachment 187186

Have also sprayed the bolts and bootnet hooks in mondial blue so just need to wait till morning to fit it all up. Then full Clubsport spec interior is finished:

View attachment 187181 View attachment 187182

Next to do is suspension. BC Racing coilovers, camber bolts, full OEM bushes, wishbones etc, rear ARB and already got @NorthloopCup roll centre hubs to fit.

Car really starting to come together now. Love driving it, an absolute event every time and laugh out loud fast. After suspension will be diff and brakes then more lightness with fibreglass bonnet, boot etc.

Anyway....comments always welcome. Will be attending Cars and Coffee at Redditch on Sunday if any West Mids guys fancy coming down.
Looks great mate! I'll have to try and get over to one of the West Midlands meets and show my face and put a few usernames to faces!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Unreal. How much was the retrim, if you don't mind me asking?
I have the same seats but I'm looking at getting them trimmed in the future.
Course I don't mind mate. £550 I paid. Guy is a legend and has done my rear cover and gear gaiter too.

Seats are ridiculous given the price. A little flex in them but they are Mega comfy on long journeys.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Course I don't mind mate. £550 I paid. Guy is a legend and has done my rear cover and gear gaiter too.

Seats are ridiculous given the price. A little flex in them but they are Mega comfy on long journeys.

100%. I ordered mine in March and only just taking delivery next week! Can't wait.
They'll be fine as they are until I have the money to retrim them. I'm thinking Alcantara and red stitching/RS logo to match my wheel/gaiter/gearknob. Where was that quote from?

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
100%. I ordered mine in March and only just taking delivery next week! Can't wait.
They'll be fine as they are until I have the money to retrim them. I'm thinking Alcantara and red stitching/RS logo to match my wheel/gaiter/gearknob. Where was that quote from?
A place in Rubery not far from where I live. Called Russell's. Guy does a lot of classic mini stuff and it's an aladdins cave of materials in there. Really nice guy. I'll PM you his details if your interested. I had to get the Renaultsport stitching logo done elsewhere though as he doesn't do that bit. Again a place in Bromsgrove who were fantastic.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
IMG_2688.JPG
IMG_2680.JPG
IMG_2681.JPG
IMG_2682.JPG

Just come back from a quick Sunday morning blast. God I love this thing!!! Sold the Beemer today so will be buying some nice suspension goodies for it in the next few weeks. Will be at FCS on Sat on the stand so please come say hi as it will be good to put names/faces to avatars

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
That really does look very smart indeed, very oem+ :up::up:

Love the seats!!
Thanks mate, really appreciate the comments. Just need to sort the ride height out now with some BC coilovers, full OEM bushes refresh, and whiteline RARB. They should go nicely with the bumpsteer correction hubs I have here waiting :smile:

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Looking Good mate!.Defo get coilovers & drop it a bit more,that will set it off!.
Next for me is also a Rear ARB,2118's & Remap by engine dynamics.

Good Work :up:
Thanks mate. Can't wait to get the BC's now. I am also toying between the whiteline and Pure Motorsport ARB. The whiteline looks on a lot of pics like a rusty pole yet the pure one looks a lot better made and more durable. Just unsure what effect the Pure Motorsport one has compared to the Whiteline.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Thanks mate. Can't wait to get the BC's now. I am also toying between the whiteline and Pure Motorsport ARB. The whiteline looks on a lot of pics like a rusty pole yet the pure one looks a lot better made and more durable. Just unsure what effect the Pure Motorsport one has compared to the Whiteline.
The pms is more effective at roll control mate. Plus you have a choice of thicknesses, either 19mm or 22/24mm iirc.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
I've not been in here before, it looks great & the seats looks absolutely fantastic! I love them! :hearteyes::hearteyes:
Thanks mate, seats really set it off and they now sit well with the rest of the interior which is what I wanted.