ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

few pics of my trophy

VX220 Turbo
cliofront.jpg

clionewside.jpg

newcalpiers.jpg

interiorwithharnesses.jpg

25032007017.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

mk4 golf gttdi180
your nr utoxeter you ever go to staffrod etc i dont see many trophys id like one in the future to place in my garage lol:)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
nice car mate, love the boot build, looks nice and simple!

would love to see the car in the flesh, im not too far away!

VX220 Turbo
yeah i'm from uttoxeter i usually go stoke way rather than stafford.
look better in red dont they ali?

Not a bad build considering the only tools I had was a £10 jigsaw, it's not to clear on the pic but it's a false floor with only 3mm of the amp sticking up, also built space behind the box to store the jack and puncture repair tins.

latest addition is the matched and polished inlet manifold and plenum off tim:
DSC02285.jpg

need to do a bit more work in here ^^^ now I think

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
yeah i'm from uttoxeter i usually go stoke way rather than stafford.
look better in red dont they ali?

Not a bad build considering the only tools I had was a £10 jigsaw, it's not to clear on the pic but it's a false floor with only 3mm of the amp sticking up, also built space behind the box to store the jack and puncture repair tins.

latest addition is the matched and polished inlet manifold and plenum off tim:
DSC02285.jpg

For the trophy defo!!! When i bought them i considered anodized red, but steven said it fades badly! How did you keep the COMPBRAKE grafix?

VX220 Turbo
painted them capsicum red then as I'm a signwriter I got some metalic silver vinyl which matches the trophy logo and cut it at work, It's not bubbled up yet but i'll have to keep an eye on it might need to get it cut out of paint pask and spray the letters on.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
painted them capsicum red then as I'm a signwriter I got some metalic silver vinyl which matches the trophy logo and cut it at work, It's not bubbled up yet but i'll have to keep an eye on it might need to get it cut out of paint pask and spray the letters on.

Those brakes do get hot!! How you finding them??

In the morning, first 5mins they were quite scary! Not much braking force!
Once their hot tho! f**k me there impressive!

VX220 Turbo
they do take a good hard press before they do anything first time but then after that they get a lot better, i'd imagine i'd need to re-paint and graphic them up in about 6 months time but i dont mind it only took me half a day to do it all. Didn't even take them off the car lol.

VX220 Turbo
I think they are the forge silo strut tops (I bought them of the bay)
I did need to chop a bit off the thread part to lower them down a bit and stop them touching the bonnet.

VX220 Turbo
fixed height but has an adjuster on the front fro damping needs to have a pin removed though and it might invalidate the warranty on the shocks if removed

M

mini-valver

Looks good fella, not had a chance to see it in the flesh either!

Turbo Beige
Id be getting an new seal for the bonnet closure sensor!!! They go bandy very easily!!

Nice apart from the shite in the boot!!!

Turbo Beige
Do you like the brakes then?

Had mine on for around 3 months, they are WAY better than the standard stuff.

Off to Cadwell in a couple of weeks to give them a proper test!!!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Mark fish has lowered a trophy anothr 10-20mm iirc, sits perfect imo. I also reconise the reg, did you have a Cooper s before this? :)

Turbo Beige
Copper grease isn't a great idea on these (grease could work its way into caliper and contaminate brake fluid!!!!). I run mine dry, only rattle when i reverse (hits the grooves in the discs).

VX220 Turbo
I never need to use my boot the most I ever need to carry is a few bags of shopping which once the rear bench has been lifted up they fit there nicely.

it's very rare i ever need anythig to go in the boot and also have passengers.

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
Stunning Alex, if im out tonight you are going to have to take me for a little blast so i can see the 4pots in action.

VX220 Turbo
thanks guys glad you like it.

I've been asked what products I use by a couple of people:

cleaned using the 2 bucket method using a meguires lambs wool wash mit.
meguires water magnet chamois followed by a meguires terry towel

meguires clay bar and quick detailer
meguires 3 stage system no 1 paint cleaner,with a foam pad removed with a fresh microfiber cloth.
meguires 3 stage system no 2 polish, with a fresh foam pad removed with a second microfiber cloth.
zymol titanium glaze applied by hand (no polish cloths or sponges) removed with a zymol microfiber cloth.

after wach wash everything goes in the washing machine ready for their next use.

meguires tyre shine stuff (the purple one)
autosol or meguires metal polish.

rainx glass cleaner then rainex water repeller.

nothing fancy at all really. I could do with buying a rotary polisher to remove a couple very light swirl marks but I can wait for that to be done as only I can spot them.