ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few pics of my nearly finished 172

Renault Clio 172
Hi, thought i would post some pictures of my 172

i have had it for a few years, but for the last six months it has been sitting unused due to company car

over the last month i have done this

MOT
Serviced
New Discs
New Pads
New Wheels
New Tyres
Painted Calipers
New Shock absorber (had a leak)
New Starter Motor and TDC Sensor (wouldnt always start)
And this weekend fitted my new GDI Cat back system

Still left to do
Eichback Sportlines (ready just need another weekend to fit them)
And am going to order some Recaro Trendlines

Any pictures, comments welcome (but be kind a lot of hard work over the last month)

DSCF0826.JPG

DSCF0828.JPG

DSCF0827.JPG

DSCF0822.JPG

DSCF0824.JPG

172Petey

Very very nice!

are the Eibach Sportlines the not so low springs that are better for the handling? Could you use them with upraated bilstein dampers?

Renault Clio 172
Very very nice!

are the Eibach Sportlines the not so low springs that are better for the handling? Could you use them with upraated bilstein dampers?

The Sportlines lower the car by upto 30mm, they also do a pro set which lowers the car by 10mm i believe, the 10mm are better for handling, but the 30mm still improve the handling over the stock springs, and look much better than the standard ride height

172Petey

Ah i see, I want some springs for handling, over looks but also want to uprate the dampers so would need to be quite a high spring rate a think!

Renault Clio 172
Ah i see, I want some springs for handling, over looks but also want to uprate the dampers so would need to be quite a high spring rate a think!

Yeah you would probabley be better with the Eibach Pro Springs then, mine are just to lower it a bit, hopefully should improve the handling a bit also though

172Petey

The exhaust looks great, whats the sound like? does it rev more freely?

Renault Clio 172
Yeah the exhaust is great, was worried at first cause it is a lot louder than the standard exhaust but it has seemed to settle down a bit, to be honest it has not made much difference in performance it feels like it pulls away slightly better, but i still have the standard cat on so untill that is changed doubt it will make a major difference

the one great thing is that before my car used to sound a bit lumpy when idling not sure whether all 172 are the same but my mates ph1 172 also sounds the same when idling, but now whith the system on that lumpy almost misfiring sound has been replaced with a nice bubbleing sound

Renault Clio 172
thanks am really pleased with it, just cant wait for it to be lowered and get the plates on.

only downside now is i seem to get every chav up my backside wanting to race, wouldnt mind if they where cars worth having a play with but i aint wasting good fuel and rubber on anything that isnt a challenge

Renault Clio 172
They all idle like tw*ts! Bet the burble sounds lush though!

yeah it sounds great, it used to drive me mad, no i love the sound, i would reccommend getting it fitted by GDI though, it took me bloomin ages and i was crapping it when it came to cutting the bumper, but am well pleased with the finished result

172Petey

Yea, I like the cut bumper 182 looky on the 172 but im not sure what to have, eather that, a stealth or a lil pea shooter below the bumper! I have seen nice versions of them all!

02' PH1 172
looking good dude.
I might be wrong, but afaik, the eibach sportlines are a more street/track spring, with a 30 to 40mm drop. when getting these, its advisable to get a set of uprated shocks aswel. thses springs are quite hard

the eibach pro is a street spring with a 30mm drop and works quite well with the std shocks and isnt as hard as the sportline springs.. just what ive been told from suppliers and i had a set of the pro springs on my corsa b, which were really nice.

Renault Clio 172
Yea, I like the cut bumper 182 looky on the 172 but im not sure what to have, eather that, a stealth or a lil pea shooter below the bumper! I have seen nice versions of them all!

personally i would either go for a stealth of have the cut out, if your gonna fit it yourself the stealth is gonna be easier to fit, but i like the look of a tailpipe

Renault Clio 172
looking good dude.
I might be wrong, but afaik, the eibach sportlines are a more street/track spring, with a 30 to 40mm drop. when getting these, its advisable to get a set of uprated shocks aswel. thses springs are quite hard

the eibach pro is a street spring with a 30mm drop and works quite well with the std shocks and isnt as hard as the sportline springs.. just what ive been told from suppliers and i had a set of the pro springs on my corsa b, which were really nice.

Sorry you are right, got it the wrong way round, i have the pro kit which is 30mm the sportline make the car even lower, i just panicked then thinking i had order the wrong s springs.

thanks for noticing my error, apolagies for the wrong info

172Petey

looking good dude.

Think im going to have to get in touch with some one that know there stuff! Just want a lil stiffer and better handling with out going the hole coil over route which IMO would be a waste of time for me, as once its set its very unlikely to change!

02' PH1 172
haha.. no worries man ;)
what are those springs like on the clio?? im thinking of getting some myself.

02' PH1 172
Think im going to have to get in touch with some one that know there stuff! Just want a lil stiffer and better handling with out going the hole coil over route which IMO would be a waste of time for me, as once its set its very unlikely to change!

well then i would say that the pro's are the way to go.. they are the only really good spring available here, but im sure you will have a pretty vast range of spring options in your country, so look around a bit :)