ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ferrari Suspension set up!!

The more i see the trophy the more i like it but im not about to change or that would be a brand new mk2 172, brand new 182 and a trophy all within 3 years if i did :oops:

GW Clio 200

Its not photoshopped it sitting on grass, have a look at the tyre... thus giving the impression its lower than it is...

Just please dont suggest coilovers I will scream !!!!!!! agggghhhhhhh!!!!!1111

lol! i wont do that, i appreciate the uprated suspension bla bla bla. But imo its far to high!

But the arch gaps look smaller than normal.

I dont like Megans but I want one of those white one in the picture.

Im very tempted though by the Trohpy will have to see what the new RS is like and maybe buy one or the other.

in the 3rd & 4th pic wht has it got a bit of paper on the bonnet saying trophy ?
dont they know what car it is ?
:confused:

huh?

they dont use the rotary damper on the trophy.......

or am i simply missing the link that sachs is used by ferrari?

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 02 July 2005
The more i see the trophy the more i like it but im not about to change or that would be a brand new mk2 172, brand new 182 and a trophy all within 3 years if i did :oops:

You would have to be mad to do something like that. ;) :oops:

Lee

BMW M2C

I dont get it either. I had a look on the Sachs site the other day but dont know exactly which setup they use.

Renault sport isnt even listed in the partners section.

The dampers are nice, but were not about to make a massive deal out of it are we?

If we were really kicking the beans, surely it would be running ohlins remote high frequency low amplitude shocks.

lol, im just not getting it. They are very good shocks for a low cost hot hatch.

Quote: Originally posted by Grant_172 on 03 July 2005

when does the trophy come out ? i want one
Its out now the first owners have started taking deliveries.

Id get your order in quicky though theyre selling sell and there limited edition.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 02 July 2005
The dampers are nice, but were not about to make a massive deal out of it are we?

Too late, its already started....

this might sound silly but are you saying that this "standard" trophy would out handle a 172/182 on Coilovers?? same driver same corner same conditions..cos alot of people are saing that it would be stupid the even touch coilvers when they got a trophy? "not saying it wouldnt tho just asking"!

looks very good but i think its worth the wait for the 2006RS

Well, the reverse question is that:

just because a car has coilovers, does that mean itll outhandle a car on traditional struts and springs?

Coilovers are a space saving measure, not a performance measure. A traditional setup running exactly the same damping properties and spring rates and ride height, will give exactly the same handling properties.

So, by slapping on coilover, and one of the many cheap varieties around, i highly doubt itll handle better it might stick on a real smoth track where there are little weight shifts and direction changes, but show it a chicane and a tightning radius bumpy corner, or even an b road....i think itll take it.

oh ok but its mostly the "body roll" that kills it on the carners an with coilovers it will be flat an level? i get what ur on about tho thanks

handling and chassis setup is a very complex issue, in most cases, far more complex than the engine powering the chassis itself.

Having a car roll isnt a bad thing, FWD cars work well with weight shift, and youll see this demonstrated by them cocking an inside rear wheel. The movement of weight helps tyres keep adheision.

Flat and level itself isnt the aim. Dedicated track cars are stiff to limit shock wheel amplitude which brings with it other poor handling trains brought on by factors such as roll camber change and bump steer, but it only really work on pretty smooth surfaces.

Im not picking holes so i apologise if it seems i am being pedantic, but for everybody to carry on thinking that stiff, no roll means good handling and fast, its time to change.

u are very right as i understand what u mean now, but its made me think is coilovers the right way forward "FOR ME" on the normal roads? as coilovers where very well rated.. but im sure alot of it was ride hight and looks so it wouldnt be an issue for me as i dont track day my car but if i did would work well too!. i only have APEX 40mm springs at the mo and i want to do better than that!!

well, im particuarly anal about chassis setup thats all, so if you want to just have a banter about what would be best for you and your most visited situations, just add me to MSN.

mailto:benrushworth@hotmail.com">benrushworth@hotmail.com