ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ferrari F430 Replica Kit. Massive facepalm.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
I've just asked a question...

''Hi there. Are you aware that this looks nothing like an F430?''

We'll see what comes back.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  clio 1.5 DCI 80
"I am selling my Ferrari F430 replica that is based on a Peugeot 406 Coupe. The car is an absolutely stunning example of the real car. Unlike other versions of the car, this has been based on an actual Ferrari F430 and is 100% accurate outside. Other kit cars based on other donors tend to be scaled down versions, but this is as accurate as they come."

I see exactly what he is on about, it is a remarkable resemblance.

f4301.png
hosting images

f4301a.png
photo hosting

f4302.png
upload photo

f4302a.png
img upload

f4303.png
upload photo

f4303a.png
upload pictures

f4304.png
photo hosting

f4304a.png
upload pictures

identical if you ask me....:p

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  clio 1.5 DCI 80
the thing that i cant get my head round it is that, ok if your a 17 year old chav and been given your dads old peugeot and wan to ruin, i mean make it a "100% exact replica" to an amazing car. dont do a half arsed job and make it look like the f430's down syndrome cousin.

But why would ANYBODY bid £7500 on it? let alone 2 people! for that money, could easily get a nice Lexus, BMW, Audi etc..

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 182
I'm sorry. But I can imagine this dudes previous car was a
nissan sunny, with beaded seat covers, a cd hanging from the rear view mirror, a tissue box on the parcel shelf, and the taj mahal running down the side of the car... Terrible, just terrible.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
The wheels are 18" chrome alloys with new tyres that cost a little more than a fortune, and they can be upgraded up to 20"s if the buyer sees fit, but I always liked the ones on it now. Lowering springs have also been added to give the car the correct ride height. A quad-look exhaust system has been fitted to the car to give ity that authentic look and sounds amazing like the real deal when at the right revs.

This paragraph says it all...

Ged

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  PD130 Peach
"What lowering springs have you fitted? Are you sure you did not install the springs off something else... It's seems to ride rather high. "

Has to ask haha.

Btw do I really need to say its horrid and should be burned?

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Would look alright with a proper pain job, bigger wheels, lower and with a massive brake upgrade.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  PB Clio 172
this is a classic CS thread ! love it :p

You see all sorts here....

Still not sure if this car is for real ....

isnt it against the law now to put Ferrari badges on cars that are not really Ferrari's ? etc.??

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Listerine & Poledo
isnt it against the law now to put Ferrari badges on cars that are not really Ferrari's ? etc.??

Not quite.

Ferrari pulled up a kit manufacturer who sold parts to make replica 355s out of MR2.

There's no actual law about it, well, aside from copyright or trademark infringement, but that isn't policed and is the responsibility of the IP owner to flag any problems.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read the description and thought it sounded fair enough. Then looked at the pics...

The guy is clearly completely insane. No one with a half decent grip on reality could write that description about THAT car. Astonishing. And FLOL at £7.5k.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  55 Clio 182, C2 VTS
Maybe someone with lots of money and a sense of humour has bidded on it... Just to launch it from their private Aircraft carrier into the sea?!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I had a lot of money and didnt really care about £7,500 I think I would buy it then go banger racing in it tbh. It just deserves to get burnt down to the floor infront of his own eyes. What a pile of absolute s**t! I wonder aswell what somebody in a real Ferrari f430 would say aswell when they pull up next to him at the lights. LOL.

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
If you took that to a body shop and said make the exterior a perfect replica. I know they'd giggle behind your back but how much do you think that would cost?

If you had money to burn and wanted a funny car.. Would be amusing to own.