ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ferodo DS2500 (for a change) part number confusion

Bus w**ker
Eh up,
I'm just pricing up the parts for my brake replacement and I'm getting a f**king headache lol.

Why are there two different part numbers for DS2500 for the RS, FCP406 and FCP565?

Why are the dimensions different for pads for the same car?

Why do people favour the 565 over the 406?

Also Fred if you read this can you let me have a price for a set delivered please and payment details?

Ta

Sy

Bus w**ker
But why the 565 over the 406?

I basically don't understand why Ferodo has two different part numbers, with different pad designs and dimensions for the same car or why 565 is advised over 406 by those in the know.

Fred, email coming.

Lionel Richie
565H is what my supplier has given me for the past 4years, i'll have a word on monday and ask the question (hey they might even be cheaper!) but they're the only ones listed for the RS (565H) contrary to what the website says

Bus w**ker
I did wonder if it was a c**k up on the Ferodo catalogue thing but it's been doing my head in lol.

If you could find out that would be mint.

Cheers

Sy :)

RB 182 cup
when i rang tweeks for mine they listed 2 he then asked me if they were going on new disks?? i asked why and he said one is slightly bigger in size??? so if you haveold disks you get the smaller pad

RB 182 cup
from what he said it wasnt the thinkness it was the width of the pad, so if you have old disks with a lip the wouldnt bed in properly

Why is it that Ferodo, manufacturer of the standard RS front pads, cannot seem too make aftermarket pads that require filing etc to get them to fit or just don't fit at all? Any ideas?

Probably the other part, I'm sure there is a choice between two off the top of my head. The 182 number comes up as the Ferodo ones it seems, but they also fit the 172's (obviously)

I've just always wondered why Ferodo can't make their own pads fit properly!? It should be dead easy for them using the same backing plate mould you would have thought?

Lionel Richie
yeah but you know what braking/clutch/all motor parts manufactures are like, they all by bits off each other, such as valeo "claiming" the aux belt tensioner for the aircon cars is theirs, its not!

V6 clutch valeo? QH? nope LUK

Yeah good point, Bosch do this all the time with braking components, outsourcing manufacture for other component companies etc.

edit: I'd also love to see the compound details on the OEM Ferodo pads compared to the DS2500 as the standards weight in at £40-something a set, a bargain compared to another set made by the same manufacturer - I would imagine Renault's volume of order & buying power keeps them cheap over a direct aftermarket set like the DS5200?

Last edited:
  172 Cup
the orginals i have just fitted for a lad where valeo's and that was from Renault.

i took a caliper over to apracing(who have massive stock of ferodo) and the 406 was a horrible fit, a couple mm too narrow where the 565 fit perfectly and curved around the disc on the bottom of the pad. the 565 are only 0.1mm thicker aswell.

the ferodo OE replacements are the same fit as the 565 yet they are suppose to be the second option to 406's!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
when i rang tweeks for mine they listed 2 he then asked me if they were going on new disks?? i asked why and he said one is slightly bigger in size??? so if you haveold disks you get the smaller pad

Aye. Haven't ever ordered DS2500, but Pagid Yellows for e.g. come in 17 or 19mm. The 19mm won't fit if you have brand new disks, so you might aswell get the thicker ones unless you're getting new disks at the same time.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Bumping this instead of starting a new thread.

Got some DS2500 pads with part number FCP406H from a mate who works motor factors. He was told FCP406H were the direct replacement for 172, and FCP565H is for the Cup Racer which require grinding to fit. If I try to fit these along with new discs will I have problems?

Thanks

Lionel Richie
the 565H are the correct ones, no one i know bothers with the 406H because the price difference is minimal (about £1.50) they're skinnier to start with, and they don't fit aswell

the DS2500 was never spec'd for the cup racers, the used the PF97 pad

the reason you have to grind them down slightly is due to how Ferodo make them

My supplier (who I suspect is also Fred's!) told me the "other" pad has less material on but is a straight fit that requires no grinding.

I won't be buying them! Grinding is fun. I like sparks!

172 cup
i changed my mums pads and discs on her 1.2 beast this morning and i looked to see if the renault pads had ferodo on them and they did along with the renault stamp to

330Ci Clubsport
Ktec kit (2500s and HC discs) came with 406s. Had to file them to fit ffs. Seems strange if there is a part that fits properly.

330Ci Clubsport
did you have the little metal spring bits in the carrier? Without them Id say they would have popped in nicely

Lionel Richie
lots of opinions, they're just shims to stop the oe pads rattling about, bad idea using them with a race pad

330Ci Clubsport
Too late now I guess as Ive already filed mine to fit. If I remove now the gap would be maybe too large.