ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ferodo ds2500 filing help 182

Clio 182 Trophy #175
Would somebody be able to show me exactly what part of the front brake pads needs filing please and any other advice on fitting the ferodo ds2500s please

Clio 172 Merc ML55
If you have the anti rattle shims in the caliper carriers then these will need removing and it's the little tabs that then sit in the carrier that need just a touch of filing, pretty much just taking the paint off to allow them to move still when hot, you're looking for around 1mm movement uo and down when cold

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
These

DS2500.jpg

Clio 182 Trophy #175
If you have the anti rattle shims in the caliper carriers then these will need removing and it's the little tabs that then sit in the carrier that need just a touch of filing, pretty much just taking the paint off to allow them to move still when hot, you're looking for around 1mm movement uo and down when cold
Thank you both of you just what i needed!

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
I've just fitted the Mintex M1144's and they require the same sanding of the paint from the tabs, literally just the paint and they fitted nicely into the carriers :)