ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ferodo DS 2500 issue

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I've had 2500's on my car for the last 10k miles and 2 track days, they have held up really well and don't appear to have deteriorated beyond normal W&T.

I'm not a hardcore track dayer, nor am I particularly hard on brakes, certainly would have another set... That said I've a set of Pagid Blues to go on when I finally need to replace them as I've heard good things and fancied a change.

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
Like many other people have said, I've never had an issue with them and mine are 18 months old.

I will say that I overheated mine at Bedford in June, which is why I have no faith in them. Coming into a hair pin bend and the pedal being solid with little braking effort isn't my idea of fun on a track day!

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
well now it's ferodo's turn to get bashed..
I'm inclined to believe that there are some bad batches out there, they still have a good reputation. mine are fine btw (no track days so far just the occasional spirited drive through the mountains)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
well now it's ferodo's turn to get bashed..
I'm inclined to believe that there are some bad batches out there, they still have a good reputation. mine are fine btw (no track days so far just the occasional spirited drive through the mountains)

Thats why they are fine. They are a brilliant pad for that but for hard track use they can be a bit naff.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Fluid was fine. Replaced the day before with ATE Superblue. But as said the pedal feel was fine, the pads just couldn't cope with 120mph-40mph stops. Have ds3000's now with no issues, and not even bled the fluid either.

Obviously brake setup choice is like taste in women and what one person likes obviously isn't someone elses idea of perfection. I've done 5 full on days on my DS3000's and Brembo HC disc setup with the same ATE fluid Danlp6 and have suffered absolutely no fade or fires (since sbridgey lol). Plus I've still got well over 60% pad life to go (though the discs are a little grooved now due to heat but they are cheap).

Gonna be putting another order in with g172 again before Bedford I think for next year's set as for the money a years worth of super trackday stopping power for sub £300 is money well spent IMO... keep your £1k 4-pots

Last edited:

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
i will definately get DS3000s next but perhaps theres only problems with DS2500s when on tracks with massive straights onto hair pins etc....brands obviously there isnt..

RS2'd Cup Trackcar
How strange, Ive never seen DS2500's do that.....Ive been using them for years in my Imprezas and Evo's both on road and track, they have always performed well and given good life.

Clio 172
Fluid was fine. Replaced the day before with ATE Superblue. But as said the pedal feel was fine, the pads just couldn't cope with 120mph-40mph stops. Have ds3000's now with no issues, and not even bled the fluid either.

If i'm honest DC2500 are great for fast road use, but I would not use them on a track, if pushing hard all day long, and Ferado do say this on there website, DC3000 are what you need, I have had great performance from them over the years.