ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fell in love with the 197

Clio RS
always said that if something should happen to my 172 that I would buy a 197, just because I love the clio, it's practical, fun, not so common here in belgium,...

but today at work, I had the chance to drive one (a bit) and work on it and I just was even more sure that I want one after my 172. the interior, the looks, just love it.
it looks mean compared to a 172
and the standard seats sit soooooooooooo well

love it :eek:

just wanted to share

Dominique

White clique
I had one and its a totally different beast to the 172 i also had. You should buy 1, they are miles better.

Awesome cars, the 197. I always wanted one, but the buzzy motorway nature always put me off due to the driving I do. The end 182 replacement ended up being a car that burbles along at barely a whisper over 3k rpm at 85+mph. Albeit whilst sucking the tank dry lol.

And a Nimbus R27 rolling on black is beyond that. Proven fact. No need for opinion to cloud this. Otherwise your opinion is valid. After Nimbus ;)

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Nimbus ftw

And yeh thy drive amazingly, so planted to the road

Nimbus R27
It is buzzy on the motorway, but motorway driving sucks anyway.....get it on the windy's and its a different story! ;-)

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Tbh, out of those 2, I'd pick the Nimbus. And I don't do silver cars!

I love the looks of the 197 in general though. A big part of me wishes I'd just blown all my cash on one instead of being sensible and putting some away for a rainy day and getting the 182, lol.

Nimbus R27
The nimbus in that photo looks really washed out and just plain silver. In real life it is quite a bit more grey and aluminium looking (to me anyways!)

_ZZZ1164.jpg

My old 197 - Still miss her :(

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Good cars.

I would say 90% of the time it's a 'better' car than the 172/82.

But If I had to take one out for a hour long B-road blast, then I'd choose the 172, as I much prefer it's rawness TBH.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yeah, good step up from a MK2. Maybe not as brutal feeling, but a MUCH nicer place to be day to day.Love mine.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Recaros as standard, cup chassis (red brembos, 7mm lower/stiffer/ anthricite alloys), numbered plaque, thats about it really :)

LY 200
Recaros as standard, cup chassis (red brembos, 7mm lower/stiffer/ anthricite alloys), numbered plaque, thats about it really :)

So the Nimbus has better wheels and everything but the plaque and tacky decals then!? ;)

I would swap colours though.

AUDI A5 s-sline
I really want a 197 but being 18 the cheapest insurance is like 8k !! :(. A few mire years to wait in my 1.2 to build up them no-claim! :).

Clio RS
and what's the R27 then?

and an 'ordinairy' 197 is without brembo's? or are they just not painted.
don't need recaro's, the original seats, sit just fine, they like hug your body, just my opinion

Nimbus R27
and what's the R27 then?

and an 'ordinairy' 197 is without brembo's? or are they just not painted.
don't need recaro's, the original seats, sit just fine, they like hug your body, just my opinion

R27 is a special edition to celebrate the R27 F1 car. 500 made for the UK market.

ordinary 197 has brembos, R27's have red coloured calipers.