ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fecked Paint!!

- 54 ' Renault clio 1.2
My car was in the bodyshop for some 6 months being turned into a space ship and got it back just turned a year ago. financial waste but its done now! soo anyways, following the recent cold snap all the paint on the fibreglass parts of the car has fuked, it is like millions oof wee dimples and running your hand across it is like an abrasive pad. The guy was a total w**k bout the whole thing but still cost me bout 2k to get it all done. The paint is a pearlescent one which i realise is mroe liable to stone chip damage and scratches but this is ridiuclous?? one bit flaked above the drivers door and im sure i can see the old clio "platinum silver" underneath meaning he didnt boother to primer it twice as this paint requires, appearing as though he didnt primer it once!! what you guys reckon? cold weather or a cowboy painter??

He hadnt done anything to ym car while it was in for some 4 months, he took all the bits off so i technically couldnt move it and while mine was sittin guys at the cruise were puttin cars in and gettin them back out within a few weeks........

he also convieninetly managed to get it all done after a few all nighters 3 days before his trip to the carribean! i mean if he ahd 6 months and spread out the work then fair doos, but it looks like he just fuked me about and beasted it when he needed to money???? AAAAAAAAAAAATRRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!

mk2 ph1
Sounds like you have a combination of micro blisters and a generally rubbish respray. Not a lot you can do about it other than get it all resprayed again as polishing would only want to remove the top layer of your paint.

If you spent 2k it does seem a hell of a lot of money for a rubbish job.

The cold weather will play a facter, but it shouldn't happen to a paint job that cost 2k