ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FCS Parking

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Anyone know how this is going to be done yet? A few of us want to be sad and get all the mk2 ph1 'S' together and maybe let Saner and Giles join in too!

Any chance of it?

Cheers
John

Mk2 172 (Silver)
I'm sat here looking over our stand size at present. I need to work out where our hoooge marquee is going and then I'll speak to a few of the members as they had ideas.

We do have plans as per last year to get the mk's and phases together if possible. :D

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I hope that this works, as 200 cars covers a large area, people doing sprints & track sessions need easy access from parking areas to the track etc.
200 cars in a confined area with regular traffic movements with or without supervision = chaos.....................especially if it rains (silverstone GP)
Whats the insurance situation????????? regarding private property?????

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i would say it isn't classed as private property for fcs as the public have payment for access so is deemed a public event. is it basically a field? i would say treat it as a normal car park that you would pay to gain access for.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
So if road & traffic regulations don't apply.................what happens if someones car gets bumped???????????

Only curious as last POD meet i went to, there were 2 accidents on site (even before event started) & it was very unclear if insurance companies would cover damage............one was a total write off...........

Cheers.

Mk2 172 (Silver)
we have lots of space even for the amount of cars we have, so we do take measures to ensure everyone has plenty of room!

in all the years I have been to shows with ClioSport, to my knowledge, no-one has had an accident or crashed into other cars. If everyone behaves responsibly and respects everyone else there are no reaons for it to happen. If it should it will not be through our negligence but more the drivers!!

Aside from that never say never, ClioSport do have insurance but off the top of my head I would say its more personal injury than for cars (ie if someone trips over a marquee and decides to sue!) Not sure if FCS have an insurance policy for the event, I would think so.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Sorry to ask this if it's already been asked, but theres so many FCS threads on here....

What's the situation with parking? When I bought my ticket I put down cliosport as the club. Does that mean I park on the stand? Do I have to? What's the advantage? Is there room for everybody? Have they allocated room per how many tickets they've sold where the people have put down their club name?

Thanks!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
steve, if you had an accident in a NCP car park, you would expect your insurnace to pay wouldn't you? treat as the same in my opinion.

Mk2 172 (Silver)
if you have a stand pass then yes you are more than welcome to park on the club stand. you don't have to, but technically thats the point of the club being there! otherwise i guess you go and park in the public car park!! :S

yes there is room for everyone, our space allocation goes up as more and more people book and quote cliosport!! we currently have around 4000sqm for 215 cars.

(now someone go work that out and moan we don't have enough room!! :rolleyes: )

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Pootle said:
if you have a stand pass then yes you are more than welcome to park on the club stand. you don't have to, but technically thats the point of the club being there! otherwise i guess you go and park in the public car park!! :S

yes there is room for everyone, our space allocation goes up as more and more people book and quote cliosport!! we currently have around 4000sqm for 215 cars.

(now someone go work that out and moan we don't have enough room!! :rolleyes: )

I can't remember seeing a stand pass? I seem to remember the bloke from fcs on here saying there wern't any this year? When I filled in the application form I put cliosport on and I remember there being a pink piece of paper and I've got the VIP wrist band and a sticker for the window (at least I think it's a sticker), oh and a ticket.

Am I missing something then?

Sorry for the dumb a** questions but I've never been to this before, so I have no idea how it works.

Better not look at my alloys either, it wasn't me that did it, honestly! ;)

Mk2 172 (Silver)
ahhh if your VIP then you should have all your bits....you get more than those of us ont he club stand. As far as I am aware you can still park on ClioSport's stand but still go and take advantage of your VIP extra's, or go and park in the VIP area. Choices choices eh?! ;)

Stand pass for this year for non-vip's is a white slip, about A5 size i think. Not sure what the VIPs looks like.

Octavia VRS
EvilJohn said:
Anyone know how this is going to be done yet? A few of us want to be sad and get all the mk2 ph1 'S' together and maybe let Saner and Giles join in too!

Any chance of it?

Cheers
John

Just the S'? I feel left out :( lol

Steve

PGAC routinely have 350 cars plus on display at events and it runs like clockwork. Its only when you get selfish idiots it becomes an issue.

A4 Avant
If a clio is about 3.9 x 1.7 thats 6.6sq/m per car. Multiply by 200 is 1320sq/m. So if we have 4000sq/m, we should have plenty of space to manouvre/park/place the marquee!

ST
Not sure how many we had at TRAX last year but that all seemed to be fine with people moving around when doing track time/sprints etc

It should be fine if people jus let the people who deal with it deal with it.

Disclaimer: not a dig at anyone.

Golf GTI 1.8T
_Kenny_ said:
hehe let the power of the Alize in!

the words 'alize' and 'power' shouldnt be used in the same sentence unless there is a presence of the word 'lack'

;)

1.6 16v
What time are most people planning on getting there, gates open at 7 for club stand dont they so what time roughly?