ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FCS 2013 at Castle Combe

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I was able to attend my first ever FCS today at Castle Combe and would like to thank the admin / organisers for a great stand and, of course, Fred for the loan of his car. :)

I spent most of the day chatting with familiar faces (always a pleasure, guys) and was glad to be able to put faces to more names / usernames!

I didn't take too many photos, and some are cr*p, but here's a selection. Sadly I didn't get any track action due to my lens not working (grr). I'll start off with some of the stand...

20130727_fcs_36.jpg

20130727_fcs_14.jpg

20130727_fcs_15.jpg

20130727_fcs_16.jpg

20130727_fcs_17.jpg

20130727_fcs_18.jpg

20130727_fcs_19.jpg

20130727_fcs_20.jpg

20130727_fcs_21.jpg

20130727_fcs_22.jpg

20130727_fcs_23.jpg

20130727_fcs_24.jpg

20130727_fcs_25.jpg

20130727_fcs_26.jpg

20130727_fcs_27.jpg

20130727_fcs_28.jpg

20130727_fcs_29.jpg

20130727_fcs_30.jpg

20130727_fcs_31.jpg

20130727_fcs_32.jpg

20130727_fcs_33.jpg

20130727_fcs_34.jpg

20130727_fcs_35.jpg

20130727_fcs_01.jpg

20130727_fcs_02.jpg

And a few from elsewhere...

20130727_fcs_03.jpg

20130727_fcs_04.jpg

20130727_fcs_05.jpg

20130727_fcs_06.jpg

20130727_fcs_07.jpg

20130727_fcs_08.jpg

20130727_fcs_09.jpg

20130727_fcs_10.jpg

20130727_fcs_11.jpg

20130727_fcs_12.jpg

20130727_fcs_13.jpg

Cheers!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
No mate, this belonged to a different guy who I believe will probably post up about it very soon. He (along with family) have done a VERY tidy job on the Kangoo. :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I only saw 3 or 4 other V6's mate. If there were more of them I didn't see them... unless they were tucked somewhere around the circuit where I didn't go. They were all show queens though, Fred. They looked pampered and immaculate rather than the 'driven' look that your V6 pulls off beautifully! ;)

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Seeing these pictures has now made me gutted I didn't go. Love all these cars. The V is epic, the 5 turbo looked unreal and the willy was looking perfect. Long live hot hatches.

Cup, Lude & Z
Some nice shots Sharky, Dans Monaco is super clean & Marts Brembos really stand out.

​That Kangoo looked a really tidy effort, we didn't meet the owner though.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Were the rest of the V6 owners being snobby and parking together? My car being rebellious as per ;)

V6Clio are at a different show this weekend so most Vees were there I imagine. Was good to see yours there, has quite a lot of club history that car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Was good to meet you sharky hope the trophy is finished soon it will be worth the wait by sounds of it.

Good selection of photos too

Cheers Paul.

nice to see freds Dalmatian back on the road, Renault seem to wipe the floor with pug/cit at fcs year in year out. Why not just call it Renault car show!

Good pics!! Cheeky one of mine popping the brembos out:)

V6 looks mean with black on black. Fred get some tyres on it the edges are all cracked! ;)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Some nice shots Sharky, Dans Monaco is super clean & Marts Brembos really stand out.

Thanks mate. Yeah, the Monaco looked absolutely stunning and the Brembo's were eye-catching for sure. The guys with the Kangoo were a nice bunch of lads. Hopefully they'll stick a post up about it soon. :)

If I knew you were going down shark I would have came a long :( you don't live far from me :/

That's a shame mate. To be honest it was a bit touch and go as to whether or not I was able to make it. Hopefully catch you soon buddy. :)

V6Clio are at a different show this weekend so most Vees were there I imagine. Was good to see yours there, has quite a lot of club history that car!

Ah, that explains it then! I did wonder.

Was good to meet you sharky hope the trophy is finished soon it will be worth the wait by sounds of it.

Good selection of photos too

Cheers Paul.

Thanks Paul. And likewise, it was good to meet you too mate. No doubt about it, the wait for the Trophy will be worth it. :) It will look awesome next to my new V6! Eh, Fred? LOL :D

Good pics!! Cheeky one of mine popping the brembos out:)

V6 looks mean with black on black. Fred get some tyres on it the edges are all cracked! ;)

I'll wear them out first!!

The Brembos looked fantastic mate. Real nice! And I might be able to help wear them out. My local tyre place have the same tyres in stock so I can always throw some new ones on if needs be. Told you it would be looked after, Fred. ;)

Great pics Andy and a nice one of mine and Chris' ph 1s. Shame your lens gave up the ghost for track shots. For once didn't take too many pics. Just a few of mine.

Cheers Pete. Always a pleasure to bump into you mate. And thanks for sharing your pics, too - they look great. I'm glad you managed to capture some track action as well.

Great pics Andy and Pete. The twin Ph1's look great together !

Yes, they do look quite the pair! :D Cheers Chris!

Thanks for the link, fella - a great selection of photos! :D

107 Track Car & C4
Does anyone know if there was an offical photograher taking photo's of the track time? Would like to see if there is any of mine :)

172 Cup
Thanks for the pic of mine Sharky! (6th pic down from the top, the Cup with the 'clio sport' pitch marker on lol)

It was nice speaking to you for a little while too ;) (we stood next to the v6 talking about french and jap stuff etc lol).

2000 X PH1 172
Thanks for the pic of mine Sharky! (6th pic down from the top, the Cup with the 'clio sport' pitch marker on lol)

It was nice speaking to you for a little while too ;) (we stood next to the v6 talking about french and jap stuff etc lol).

Don't go jap, keep the clio, that is all.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the comments and replies folks - always appreciated. :)

Good pics Andy, Oh thanks for the ice cream mate :)

You're welcome, mate. Anytime!

Nice pics! Even got a really cool artistic one of mine there. (J88 BMT)

Baz

Ah yes, the black ph1 with the coloured stripe detailing... it looked really tidy mate, hence I thought I'd grab a cheeky photo!

Ah, so that's who you were/are! Thanks for the chat mate; a pleasure meeting you and spending time discussing the pros and cons of Jap and/or French performance cars! Your car also looked stunning. :)

Clio 172 2001
You got any other events planned at all Andy? I remember you walked past me when my gearbox blew by Morrison's lol :(

172 Cup
Ah, so that's who you were/are! Thanks for the chat mate; a pleasure meeting you and spending time discussing the pros and cons of Jap and/or French performance cars! Your car also looked stunning. :)

Thanks alot dude! Yeah it was good to put a face to the name! I'll look forward to seeing your trophy and having abit more craic at a show in the future mate.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
You got any other events planned at all Andy? I remember you walked past me when my gearbox blew by Morrison's lol :(

Yeah, I remember walking past mate. :( Gutted for you. As for other events... yes. I'm at the Llandow BurpSpeed trackday on 24th August (although I might not be on track as a driver this time, but definitely as a passenger if not!) I'm also off to the Supercar Show at Wilton House this Sunday and then the Forge Motorsport Action Day at Castle Combe in September (with my own car club).

Racing Blue 182

I spoke to the owners nephew I believe, he helped his uncle with the build, really nice guy! Said it was a really easy swap! They did a really good job with it, tempted to do something like this myself!